Delhi has clear skies, light rain expected Tuesday (lead)June 4th, 2012 - 10:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 4 (IANS) The national capital city had clear skies Monday, with the maximum temperature easing somewhat after last week’s sizzling heat and settling at 41.9 degrees Celsius, two notches above the average for the season.
The weather office has forecast partly cloudy skies Tuesday.
“There is a possibility of thunderstorm with light rain and squalls in some areas Tuesday evening,” an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
The official added that the maximum and minimum temperatures will stay around 41 and 30 degrees Celsius respectively.
The minimum temperature recorded Monday was 29 degrees Celsius, a notch above the average for the season, and humidity ranged between 26 to 42 percent.
Last week, the maximum temperature stayed up in the vicinity of 45 degrees Celsius, making it one of the hottest spells this summer so far.
The rainfall in the city Sunday was 0.2 mm.
Sunday’s maximum and minimum temperatures both stood two notches above the average for the season at 42.4 and 29.7 degrees Celsius, respectively.
- Clear morning in Delhi, rain likely - Jun 04, 2012
- Cloudy Sunday in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, rain expected - Apr 14, 2012
- Scorching Sunday in Delhi, squalls likely (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Delhi swelters at 43 degrees Celsius, breaks five-year record (Lead) - May 12, 2011
- Hot Sunday in Delhi, hotter Monday likely (Lead) - Jun 10, 2012
- Delhi sees season's hottest day, rain likely Friday (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Sweltering day for Delhi - Jun 20, 2012
- Cloudy, dusty morning in Delhi - May 17, 2012
- Thursday may be cloudy in Delhi (Lead) - May 11, 2011
- Light rains forecast for Delhi Tuesday - Jun 05, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, mercury to rise Thursday (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Cloudy morning in Delhi, thunderstorms likely - Apr 10, 2011
- Hot Saturday in Delhi, similar weather expected Sunday (Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Hot start to week in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
Tags: clear skies, cloudy skies, humidity, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, light rain, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, minimum temperatures, national capital city, New Delhi, notch, notches, rainfall, sizzling heat, squalls, thunderstorm, tuesday evening, vicinity, weather office