Delhi getting warmer, no sign of rainFebruary 27th, 2009 - 12:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 27 (IANS) With no likelihood of rain in the coming days, Delhi is expected to stay warm and sunny although there will be a bit of a cool breeze sometimes, the weatherman said Friday.
The day-time temperatures here are settling higher than average for this time of the year. While the maximum temperature recorded Thursday was 29 degrees Celsius, the minimum was 14.2.
“The sky will be mainly clear and sunny during the day. The maximum is expected to be around 29 degrees while minimum should be around 13 degrees Celsius,” an Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) official told IANS.
Talking about the occasional cool breeze, the official explained: “These are north westerly winds from the Jammu region which are dry and cold.”
The official added that there would be no rain in the near future. So Delhiites should brace themselves for warm, dry days ahead.
- Cool Wednesday morning in Delhi - Jun 29, 2011
- Sunny Tuesday morning in Delhi - May 15, 2012
- Sunny, windy Thursday in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- Wet morning in capital, rains likely - Apr 17, 2011
- Warm day in Delhi Thursday (Lead) - Jun 02, 2011
- Pleasant morning in Delhi, clear day in store - Mar 13, 2012
- Hot weekend ahead in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 03, 2011
- Sunny morning in Delhi, but rains expected - Jul 13, 2011
- Sunny morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 12, 2011
- Pleasant day in Delhi, rains likely Sunday - Sep 17, 2011
- Pleasant morning for Delhi, rains in store - Aug 20, 2011
- Cool morning in Delhi - Apr 04, 2011
- Another warm day in Delhi (Lead) - Nov 04, 2011
- Foggy morning, clear day ahead in Delhi - Nov 23, 2011
- Sunny day in Delhi - Mar 27, 2011