Delhi gets 7 lakh saplings in 3 weeks: DikshitAugust 14th, 2011 - 4:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 14 (IANS) More than 700,000 saplings have been planted in various parts of the capital in the last three weeks, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said here Sunday.
“During the last three weeks, Delhi has been able to plant more than seven lakh saplings. Three lakh more are being planted to achieve the target of ten lakh plants by month-end,” Dikshit said at inauguration of a plantation in south Delhi’s Kaka Nagar.
“Delhi is the new role model in greening,” she added. “The enhanced greenery will not only curb air pollution, but will also add to the beauty, look and image of the city.”
Dikshit launched the mega plantation drive July 24, in cooperation with voluntary organisations, civic agencies, resident welfare associations and citizens.
- Dikshit launches plantation drive in NDMC area - Sep 01, 2012
- Dikshit launches green Delhi drive - Jul 23, 2011
- Delhi Metro to plant 10,000 saplings - Jul 22, 2011
- Dikshit launches plantation drive - Aug 06, 2012
- Delhi starts planting one million trees (Lead) - Jul 23, 2011
- In Delhi, government spends Rs.950 on every plant! - Sep 02, 2012
- Delhi sanctuary to get 1 lakh saplings - Aug 18, 2011
- Small price? 11,500 trees face axe for Metro - Jul 31, 2011
- Dikshit briefs Patil on Delhi plantation - Aug 02, 2011
- Nature trail at Dikshit's residence will be biodiversity park - Jul 21, 2009
- Dikshit nailed by CAG, opposition demands resignation (Third Lead) - Aug 05, 2011
- Diskhit inaugurates effluent treatment plant - Jul 09, 2011
- Rains boost Agra's green cover - Sep 02, 2012
- Delhi to increase its green cover: Dikshit - Mar 21, 2011
- Agra city going green - the voluntary way - Aug 09, 2010
Tags: air pollution, chief minister, citizens, civic agencies, cooperation, greenery, inauguration, kaka, lakh, New Delhi, plantation drive, plants, role model, saplings, sheila dikshit, south delhi, target, welfare