Delhi Fire Service strength to be doubledAugust 19th, 2008 - 8:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 19 (IANS) The Delhi Fire Service is set to get a shot in the arm with the recruitment of 1,200 new fire fighters — a doubling of its numbers.Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Tuesday said 1,200 fire personnel would be recruited in Delhi Fire Service (DFS) to double its strength.
“1,200 personnel would be recruited in DFS to ensure better safety and security of the Capital for which they will get advanced and modernized training to handle any fire and disaster,” said Dikshit after inaugurating a fire station at Tikri Kalan.
“Delhi fire personnel would also get 13 months’ salary every year as well as they would get ration money of Rs. 1,444, which has just been doubled in the sixth pay commission award,” she added.
The Tikri Kalan fire station has been constructed at a cost of Rs 23.8 million providing five bays for fire appliances, office accommodation and four staff quarters.
“All fire stations in the Capital would be modernized with specialized equipments,” Dikshit said.
Four new fire stations would be commissioned this month.
- Court notice on villagers' plea against oil depot (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Court notice on villagers' plea against oil depot - May 02, 2012
- NDMC launches disaster management centre - Feb 19, 2011
- Six housing projects for slum dwellers - Mar 11, 2011
- 1,200 Delhi schools lack fire safety measures - Dec 15, 2010
- Dikshit inaugurates 400 KV power sub-station in North West Delhi - Sep 30, 2010
- Delhi Fire Service ready to meet any challenges during Games - Oct 01, 2010
- Concrete plans to tackle fires during Games: Dikshit - Apr 08, 2010
- Consumers cry foul over power tariff hike in Delhi - Jul 05, 2012
- 10 cars to join Delhi Fire Service - Aug 08, 2010
- They keep us safe on Diwali - Oct 27, 2010
- Ramdev, Anna hold day-long fast in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- DSIIDC to set up more industrial projects in Delhi - Jul 24, 2011
- Delhi to get modern fire fighting equipment - Nov 30, 2011
- Soaring gold price dampens consumer sentiment - Aug 20, 2011