Delhi doctor’s body found hanging in house (Lead)July 21st, 2012 - 10:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 21 (IANS) A 30-year-old chief medical officer of a civic agency was found dead in her house here, police said Saturday. Her body was found hanging from a ceiling fan and a suicide note was seized.
The body of Sushma Sharma, who lived with her lawyer husband Khalil Ansari and two children aged 13 and 10 years, was found in south Delhi’s Govindpuri neighbourhood past midnight Friday.
Her elder brother Jugal Kishore alleged that either she was murdered by her husband or she committed suicide because of her husband’s torture.
Kishore told IANS that her husband informed him around 12.30 a.m. Saturday that she had committed suicide by hanging herself.
According to Kishore, he went to his sister’s house in Giri Nagar in the Govindpuri area Friday around 7 p.m.
“In my presence, she got involved in a heated argument with her husband. But, at that time she was not so tense that she would have taken such a step,” said Kishore.
Kishore said she used to tell him and her sisters that Ansari did not like her and always looked for opportunities to fight with her.
According to an employee from Sharma’s hospital, they had talked on phone around 10 p.m. about the next day’s schedule.
“She might have been tortured physically or mentally between 10 p.m. and midnight which led her to commit suicide, or she was murdered by her husband,” said Kishore.
“It’s not a case of suicide, it’s a cold blooded murder,” added Kishore.
Kishore also said that police were not ready to register a murder case.
Police said they would wait for the victim’s post-mortem examination report which would tell whether it was a case of suicide or murder.
“However, prima facie it seems to be a case of suicide,” said a police official.
Kishore said that Sharma married Ansari, who practises in Saket district court, 15 years ago without her family’s consent.
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house - Jul 21, 2012
- Delhi woman commits suicide - May 13, 2012
- Newly-wed woman commits suicide in Delhi - Apr 26, 2012
- Dowry demand leads woman to suicide - Apr 19, 2012
- Wife of Rashtrapati Bhavan employee commits suicide - Mar 15, 2012
- 12-year-old girl commits suicide in Delhi - May 22, 2012
- Delhi-based Jet Airways pilot commits suicide - Apr 28, 2012
- Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi - May 26, 2012
- Domestic help commits suicide - Dec 27, 2011
- Class 5 student hangs himself to death in Delhi - Jul 09, 2012
- Cops summon Kanda for questioning in Geetika suicide - Aug 08, 2012
- Girl hangs herself to death in Delhi - Jun 25, 2012
- Woman forced into prostitution by husband ends life - Apr 16, 2012
- Woman doctor commits suicide in Delhi - Mar 18, 2011
- Woman jumps to death in Jaipur mall - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: 10 years, ansari, ceiling fan, cold blooded murder, elder brother, lawyer husband, medical officer, mortem examination, murder case, neighbourhood, New Delhi, police official, post mortem, presence, s hospital, south delhi, suicide note, torture