Delhi court to decide child’s fate MondayOctober 12th, 2008 - 7:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 12 (IANS) A court will Monday decide on the fate of a one-year-old boy separated from his parents, who had given him to a caregiver woman.Metropolitan Magistrate Naveen Arora Friday issued a search warrant for the child and directed Delhi Police to produce him before it Monday after the woman refused to give him back to the parents.
The court passed this order after the parents, Sushil and Pallavi, sought custody of their child from the woman, Asha.
The two had got married secretly in February 2006 when they both were minors. The boy was born Sep 24, 2007 at the Safdarjung Hospital here and was immediately handed over to Asha, whom they had met through a common friend, as the couple wanted to avoid uncomfortable questions from relatives.
On reaching the legal age of marriage, Pallavi and Sushil formally married Nov 22, 2007.
“Soon after their marriage, the couple approached Asha to return the child but she continued to make lame excuses on one pretext or the other and did not return the child to them despite repeated requests,” Pallavi’s lawyer Kamal Singh Pundhir told IANS.
“Sushil gave Rs.10,000 to Asha but she refused to hand over the baby to him until he made the remaining payment of Rs.8,000. But when on May 14, Sushil went to her home with the money, she refused to give the child and challenged him to take whatever action he wants to against her,” added Pundhir.
They approached the police but in vain. The couple then decided to move the court against Asha.
- Warrants against caregivers who refused to give back child - Oct 13, 2008
- Court reserves order on custody of love child - Oct 15, 2008
- Love child returned to parents after court ruling - Oct 16, 2008
- Rajasthan youth refuses to marry minor, moves court - Jul 21, 2012
- Another Rajasthan woman wants annulment of child marriage - Jun 27, 2012
- Court acquits man charged with kidnapping minor - May 11, 2012
- S.M. Krishna asked to help NRI couple get back child - Sep 10, 2012
- Gujarat woman wants son's biological father to pay maintenance - Jun 29, 2010
- NRI children back home from Norway (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- NRI children back home from Norway - Apr 24, 2012
- Adoptions on rise - and many want a girl! - Mar 12, 2011
- Farmer kills daughter for refusing to marry chosen groom - Feb 20, 2012
- 'This is not America', court tells married man in live-in relationship - Jan 28, 2011
- Court tells Delhi cops to protect newly-wed couple - Jun 11, 2012
- VM Thrown out of house by son, elderly woman pleads for him - Jul 03, 2012