Delhi court staff strike paralyses workDecember 5th, 2008 - 10:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 5 (IANS) Work in various Delhi courts was affected Friday after the staff struck work, demanding action against a judicial officer who allegedly harassed an employee to the extent he made a suicide attempt Thursday. The employees at Patiala House, Karkardooma, Tis Hazari, Rohini and Dwarka courts raised slogans and abstained from work after a strike call was given by their association.
However, some judicial officers at Patiala House and Tis Hazari courts took up listed cases and conducted the proceedings.
“We demand registration of First Information Report (FIR) against the metropolitan magistrate of the Karkardooma courts building, who threatened the employee, forcing him to jump from the second floor,” District and Sessions Courts Employees Welfare Association president Rakesh Yadav said.
He said that the call to strike work was given after the police allegedly refused to register a case against the magistrate.
Narender Kumar Gautam, a record keeper in the Karkardooma courts, had Thursday attempted suicide, alleging mental harassment by the judge to whom he was attached.
According to the employees’ association, Gautam was battling for life at a private hospital here after sustaining multiple injuries.
- Delhi High Court lawyers join strike - Jul 12, 2012
- Attack on judges: Delhi lawyers observe strike - May 18, 2012
- Delhi lawyers observe strike on bar council's call - Jul 11, 2012
- Four held for attack on Delhi judges (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Delhi lawyers to strike work Thursday - Jan 11, 2012
- Lawyers' strike to back Anna hits litigants (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Officials summoned over child workers in court complexes - Jan 04, 2012
- No kidding: Child labour rampant around Delhi courts - Oct 08, 2011
- Court issues notice to Delhi government on child labour - Oct 13, 2011
- Mediation settles 60 percent of Delhi court cases - Jun 15, 2012
- Lawyers strike work in Delhi courts - Mar 24, 2011
- Domestic violence cases on the rise in Delhi courts - Aug 19, 2010
- Lawyers strike work demanding security in court premises (Lead) - Jun 04, 2009
- Geetika case politically motivated, Kanda tells court (Second Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Lawyers strike work demanding security in court premises - Jun 04, 2009