Delhi court issues notice to Subhash GhaiApril 9th, 2008 - 10:35 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 9 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday issued a notice to Bollywood director Subhash Ghai over his latest movie “Black and White” for portraying the Muslim community in a poor light. Justice Gita Mittal issued notice to Ghai and asked him to reply by May 23.
A Delhi University professor had moved a petition in the court, stating the movie about a terrorist had hurt the sentiments of a particular community.
Professor Khalid Alvi, head of the department of Urdu language in the Dr. Zakir Hussain College, approached the court against the producer and the director of the movie, seeking a ban on the movie till necessary changes were made in it.
Alvi mentioned that the main character of the film, Rajan Mathur, played by Anil Kapoor, is based on him though in a very distorted manner.
“The film which was shot in the college and Chandni Chowk has projected ideas like all Muslims are terrorists as well as all terrorists are Muslim. Rajan Mathur, the so-called social reformer, is surrounded by Muslims who all are projected as terrorists,” said Alvi in his petition.
- No clean chit to Modi: Congress - Sep 12, 2011
- My film 'Black and White' not anti-communal: Subhash Ghai - May 23, 2008
- Court verdict a vindication, says BJP; Congress says no clean chit to Modi (Roundup) - Sep 13, 2011
- Varun Gandhi gets apex court notice for poll speeches - Dec 02, 2011
- Maharashtra urges centre to curb anti-islam movie on internet - Sep 20, 2012
- Ghai celebrates Indian movie centenary with Cinema 100 - Jun 01, 2012
- Subhash Ghai gets relief in Haryana land case - Mar 16, 2012
- Apex court notice in Ghai land allocation case - Mar 23, 2012
- Haryana villagers happy after Subhash Ghai's land allotment revoked - Sep 19, 2012
- Court quashes Haryana plot given to Subhash Ghai - Sep 11, 2012
- Court seeks government response on Pak national's release - May 31, 2011
- Court notice over girls' admission to Delhi school (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Subhash Ghai's Haryana plot cancelled (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Setback for Ghai in land allocation row (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- Deshmukh challenges 'grave strictures' in apex court - Mar 01, 2012