Delhi court asks police to protect blind man from ex-wifeJune 27th, 2012 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 27 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday directed the city police to protect a blind man and his minor daughter from his former wife who has threatened him of dire consequences.
A vacation bench of Justice V.K. Jain, while asking police to file a status report by July 23, directed the city police chief to give security to the man and his 14-year-old daughter.
The court was hearing a petition moved by city resident Syed Mohammed. In his petition, he alleged that his former wife was threatening him since last month when he took custody of his daughter, and sought protection.
The bench issued notice to his ex-wife and her father to respond to the plea.
The petitioner, a blind man, told the court that he had married the accused woman in 1997 and a girl child was born to them in 1998. Later, they were divorced with a mutual agreement that the girl’s custody will be given to him after two-three years.
But girl child was not handed over to him, he alleged. He said his minor daughter used to call her from Bangalore, saying her mother did not treat her well and she was not allowed to study also.
He said his daughter was apprehending that she might be forcibly married at an early age.
The man told the court that he brought his daughter last month to Delhi from Bangalore, and after that he began receiving threats from his divorced wife.
- French official held for sexually abusing daughter (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Court asks police to produce illegally confined girl - Jun 22, 2012
- No diplomatic immunity for accused official: French embassy - Jun 18, 2012
- Court nod for girl choosing to stay with father - Nov 07, 2011
- Court declines Muslim man's plea for custody of son - Jun 17, 2011
- Court declines man's plea on marriage with lover - Jun 25, 2012
- Court tells police to trace, reunite minor boy with mother (Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
- Paralysed man seeks Rs.20 lakh for police lapse - Apr 07, 2012
- Custody disputes: Call for India to sign Hague Convention - May 27, 2011
- French official arrested, jailed on sexual abuse charge (Second Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- For them, Father's Day has no relevance - Jun 19, 2011
- IAF group captain held over suicide of sacked woman officer - Sep 12, 2011
- FBI finds girl 'kidnapped' by dad - Mar 16, 2012
- Wary of fourth girl child, man poisons wife, daughters - Apr 13, 2012
- Man held for raping daughter - Jan 15, 2012