Delhi cop who caused man’s death arrestedMarch 3rd, 2012 - 6:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 3 (IANS) A Delhi Police constable who pushed a 66-year-old man leading to his death has been arrested, police said Saturday.
Vikram Singh, who joined the force in 2008, was taken into custody three days after Anil Kumar Arora’s death caused outrage, a police officer said.
Arora was treated roughly by the constable when he intervened in a row between the policeman and his son Tuesday night in Delhi Cantonment area in west Delhi.
Arora fell, suffered a stroke and died, his family said.
The dead man’s son told police that the policeman became angry after he asked him where he could get water for his over-heated car. Police first suspended Vikram Singh.
- Delhi cop who 'shoved' elderly man suspended - Mar 01, 2012
- 66-year-old pushed by Delhi cop, falls and dies - Feb 29, 2012
- Kashmir custodial death: Another cop held - Aug 10, 2011
- Delhi Police constable killed by minor girlfriend - Jul 08, 2012
- Pakistani constable kills two, kills self - Mar 01, 2012
- Youth who helped nab killer cop dies - Sep 27, 2011
- Delhi Police constable commits suicide four days after marriage - Feb 24, 2012
- Four killed in road accidents - Sep 04, 2011
- Man dies in police custody in Ghaziabad, two cops suspended - Jun 13, 2012
- Two held for Uttar Pradesh cop's killing - Oct 27, 2011
- Cop dies in guerrilla attack in Kashmir - Jul 03, 2012
- Delhi policeman found dead in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 01, 2011
- Guerrillas shoot dead Kashmir policeman, injure another (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Minor speeding on scooter injures cop - Oct 18, 2011
- Policemen suspended for Rs.500 bribe - Jun 09, 2011
Tags: anil kumar, arora, cantonment area, cop, dead man, delhi cantonment, delhi police, New Delhi, old man, police constable, police officer, policeman, stroke, tuesday night, vikram singh, west delhi