Delhi college student jumps to death in hospitalJanuary 5th, 2012 - 7:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 5 (IANS) Depressed over failure in exam, a student of Zakir Hussain College in central Delhi jumped to his death from an hospital’s third floor after slashing his wrist in an unsuccessful suicide bid, police said Thursday.
Rocky Rai, 22, a B.A. second year student who hailed from Bihar, ended his life around 10.30 p.m. Wednesday.
“He committed suicide by jumping off from the third floor of the Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan Hospital,” said a police official.
Rocky was living with his aunt at her house in Rajokri area near Vasant Kunj of south Delhi.
“He had been depressed for some time after he was declared failed in his last examination,” said the official.
On Wednesday, around 10.15 a.m. he allegedly slashed his left wrist with a blade in the college premises and was rushed to hospital by a friend.
“In the hospital, doctors reported that before cutting his wrist he had taken some sedative. His condition had become normal in the hospital by evening and his relatives were with him,” said the official.
“Around 10.30 p.m., his attendant raised an alarm when he could not find Rocky in the ward. An hospital employee found his body lying on the ground. He was rushed to emergency where he was declared dead,” added the official.
- College student jumps to death in Delhi hospital (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Man jumps from seventh floor after heart surgery - Dec 16, 2010
- Class 9 boy jumps off building, dies - Sep 06, 2012
- 70-year-old man under debt jumps to death - Jan 25, 2011
- Woman, paramour held for bid to kill husband - Oct 12, 2011
- Five people commit suicide in Delhi - Oct 07, 2011
- Engineering girl student commits suicide - May 21, 2012
- Dowry demand leads woman to suicide - Apr 19, 2012
- Finn man commits suicide in Delhi - Apr 15, 2012
- AIDS patient commits suicide - Jul 31, 2011
- Retired IIT professor kills self in Delhi - Oct 22, 2011
- Delhi university student commits suicide - Apr 28, 2012
- Family dispute leads Delhi resident to suicide - Aug 10, 2012
- Youth falls from Delhi shopping mall, critical - Aug 31, 2012
- Bengal CPI-M legislator jumps to death (Lead) - May 30, 2011
Tags: blade, central delhi, delhi college, failure, hospital doctors, jayaprakash narayan, lok, lying on the ground, nayak, New Delhi, police official, police said thursday, premises, rai, relatives, sedative, south delhi, suicide bid, zakir hussain