Delhi civic agency to hire teachers onlineAugust 23rd, 2011 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 23 (IANS) After engaging with people on social networking sites such as Facebook, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) is now set to try an online recruitment programme for the first time, an official said Tuesday.
“After introducing e-governance in the local body, the MCD would conduct online recruitment for teachers in its schools for the first time. This would be for engagement of 1,600 teachers on contract,” chairman of the MCD’s education committee Mahinder Nagpal said.
“The whole process of appointment will be online, right from inviting applications to declaration of results,” he added.
According to the civic agency, online recruitment will add to transparency in the process of recruitment in over 700 MCD schools.
- No special teachers for disabled kids in Delhi - Jun 06, 2011
- Civic agency ropes in schools for anti-dengue drive - Jul 30, 2011
- Rules for hiring teachers for disabled approved, court told - Oct 10, 2011
- School teachers for disabled: Court questions selection board - Jul 11, 2011
- MCD to become paperless administration - Mar 05, 2010
- MCD joins Facebook - Jan 05, 2011
- MCD will provide 198,000 computers to school kids - Nov 18, 2011
- New protocol to help Indians workers in UAE - Apr 04, 2012
- MCD teachers racket busted, seven arrested - Feb 29, 2012
- MCD schools see rise in nursery students - Jan 14, 2012
- Dikshit urged to get drinking water in primary schools - Nov 10, 2011
- Principal, 18 teachers of MCD schools suspended - Nov 27, 2010
- Garbage problems? Log on to MCD's Facebook page via mobile - Apr 01, 2011
- For MCD officials, trifurcation costly, tiresome - Apr 20, 2012
- Delhi government will release Rs.1,831 crore for MCD - Apr 21, 2012
Tags: appointment, e governance, education committee, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, nagpal, New Delhi, recruitment, s education, social networking sites, transparency