Delhi civic agency given 4 months to clear encroachmentsMay 12th, 2010 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 12 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday gave the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) four months to comply with its earlier order to remove illegal encroachments around three group housing societies in northwest Delhi.
MCD commissioner K.S. Mehra, who appeared before a division bench of Acting Chief Justice Madan B. Lokur and Justice Mukta Gupta, took the responsibility for non-compliance of the court’s February 2009 order, and assured it that encroachments would be removed.
The bench asked him for a compliance report.
Last year, the court directed the civic agencies, the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) and the MCD, to remove the illegal encroachments from the roads meant for residents of three housing co-operative societies in Paschim Vihar.
The societies had filed a petition that the residents of the 200 flats faced many problems as the road they used has been encroached upon.
While the MCD is responsible for the civic administration of nearly 96 percent of Delhi’s land area, the DDA is the land development agency in the national capital territory.
- MCD, DDA pulled up over illegal encroachments - Apr 29, 2010
- Land reclaimed after mosque demolition, DDA tells court (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Notices to civic agencies, police on encroachment on roads - Feb 15, 2011
- What are you planning for Sainik Farm, court asks - Jan 13, 2010
- MCD asked for report on sealing drive - Apr 02, 2011
- Delhi High Court directs DDA to take encroached land back - May 02, 2012
- How does pig shelter come up in green belt? - Mar 16, 2010
- Court directs police to probe MCD's 'ghost' employees scam - May 26, 2010
- We have reclaimed land from mosque, DDA tells court - Jan 14, 2011
- High court issues notice to Bukhari, ASI (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Court notice over legislator's encroachment of DDA land - Feb 23, 2012
- MCD deflects blame on ghost employees fiasco - Jun 02, 2011
- Court summons MCD chief over zoo flooding threat - Jul 13, 2011
- Delhi mosque demolition: DDA to file report in court - Jan 13, 2011
- Delhi government, DDA, MCD get contempt of court notice - Nov 24, 2011
Tags: 4 months, chief justice, civic administration, civic agencies, compliance report, delhi development authority, delhi development authority dda, delhi high court, division bench, four months, gupta, housing co, mehra, mukta, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, national capital territory, New Delhi, northwest, petition