Delhi brothers shot at by snatchersJune 18th, 2012 - 7:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 18 (IANS) Two brothers were injured after being attacked by three unidentified bike-borne assailants who fled after snatching a bag reportedly containing Rs.8 lakh in cash from them, police said Monday.
The incident was reported around 12.30 p.m. from east Delhi’s Bhajanpura.
Pankaj, 39 and Jitender, 30 were shot at by the attackers who fired four bullets at them and later fled with the bag containing the cash.
The brothers were taken to Guru Teg Bahadur (GTB) hospital where Pankaj was stated to be out of danger though he was hit by a bullet in his left arm.
“Jitender, who was hit by three bullets in his left arm, stomach and neck, is undergoing treatment but is not critical,” said the official.
The brothers work as distributor with a mobile phone company. They were going to deposit the amount in a bank on their bike, said a police official.
The attackers overtook their bike and fired at them when the brothers resisted the snatching attempt.
“It seems that the victims were being chased by the accused from their home in east Delhi’s Yamuna Vihar,” said the official.
- Two men on bike snatch Rs.1.5 lakh - Jul 05, 2011
- Robbers shoot at cop, one held in east Delhi - May 02, 2010
- Two men rob Rs.57 lakh, shoot three people - Aug 12, 2012
- Two injured in three robberies in capital - Jan 14, 2011
- Delhi Police ASI shoots head constable (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Jeweller shot at, looted - Feb 08, 2011
- Delhi Police ASI shoots colleague over throwing of garbage (Second lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Assailants shoot at businessman's driver, flee with Rs.600,000 - Nov 09, 2009
- Man resisting robbery bid shot - Jan 19, 2012
- Man shot dead resisting robbery - Feb 01, 2011
- Man shot over property dispute, two held - Mar 09, 2011
- Man shot at for opposing girl's harassment - Dec 04, 2011
- Businessman attacked in Delhi - Jun 20, 2011
- Youth saves boss from robbery, shot dead - Apr 01, 2011
- Delhi's bike-borne chain snatchers - targeting the vulnerable - Mar 30, 2011
Tags: assailants, attackers, bullets, east delhi, guru teg, jitender, lakh, left arm, mobile phone company, New Delhi, pankaj, police official, rs 8, stomach, two brothers, undergoing treatment, yamuna