Delhi Book Fair to begin Sep 1August 30th, 2012 - 5:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 30 (IANS) The 18th Delhi Book Fair would be held at Pragati Maidan here Sep 1-9, an official said Thursday. The annual event will include seminars and book reading sessions. The central theme of the fair this year will be e-books.
“The central theme of the fair is e-books. It will bring together technology and literature,” the official of the India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) said. The ITPO is the organiser of the event.
The nine-day fair will showcase publishers from Pakistan, the United States, Britain, France and Germany among 230 participants.
The fair will be inaugurated by Delhi Lt. Governor Tejendra Khanna.
“Other than the theme of e-books, the fair will screen adaptations of popular novels in diverse languages. There are seminars, book reading sessions and regional presentations slated,” the official added.
The entry tickets are priced at Rs.20. Students with identity cards can avail 50 percent off on the tickets.
“Vernacular languages and literature on the centenary year of Indian cinema is also in focus,” the official said.
- Delhi book fair begins - Sep 01, 2012
- Delhi Book Fair to focus on travel, children - Aug 25, 2011
- Centenary celebrations galore at World Book Fair (Curtain Rasier) - Feb 23, 2012
- Delhi Book Fair begins: e-books the flavour this time (Lead) - Sep 01, 2012
- World Book Fair begins in New Delhi - Feb 25, 2012
- Delhiites throng Pragati Maidan on last day of book fair - Sep 09, 2012
- Food, handicrafts galore at trade fair - Nov 12, 2011
- Rural India to be theme of Delhi Book Fair - Dec 20, 2010
- International trade fair begins Monday - Nov 13, 2011
- For those with wanderlust, Delhi Book Fair is the stop - Aug 29, 2011
- Book fair to celebrate 100 years of Indian cinema - Jan 07, 2012
- E-books, e-library - for your reading pleasure - Sep 06, 2012
- Darululoom books soon in English, Hindi - Sep 04, 2012
- Northeast, spirituality, Jinnah - diversity at Delhi Book Fair - Aug 29, 2009
- Frankfurt Book Fair launches training campaigns in India - Aug 27, 2011
Tags: adaptations, book reading, e books, india trade, indian cinema, itpo, literature, lt governor, maidan, New Delhi, novels, pakistan, participants, publishers, reading sessions, regional presentations, seminars, showcase, trade promotion organisation, vernacular languages