Delhi blast: Two detained in Uttar PradeshSeptember 9th, 2011 - 12:09 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 9 (IANS) Two people were detained in Uttar Pradesh Friday in connection with the Delhi High Court blast two days ago which claimed 13 lives, police said here.
“One person was detained in Varanasi and another in Bela village on the outskirts of Balrampur district, essentially on account of their resemblance with the sketch of suspects released by Delhi Police,” said a top police officer.
The man detained at the Shivpur police station in Varanasi was identified as Lekhma Ram, a resident of Ajmer.
The one picked up in Balrampur was identified as Shehzad, a permanent resident of Bela village who had come home from Pune, he added.
“However, nothing incriminating has come out during the course of their questioning so far,” he said.
Five people were arrested in Jammu and Kashmir Thursday over the e-mail reportedly sent by the Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami (HuJI), taking responsibility for the blast which also injured 96 people Wednesday.
- HuJI top commander arrested in Chennai - Jan 18, 2010
- No breakthrough in Delhi terror attack a week later - Sep 13, 2011
- Mumbai Police issues look out notice for Lashkar terrorist - Dec 27, 2010
- Six terrorists get life term for plot to kidnap Sachin - Jan 15, 2011
- Delhi blast: Email suspects being quizzed - Sep 11, 2011
- Delhi blast: Jammu and Kashmir Police verifying facts - Sep 10, 2011
- Ilyas Kashmiri killed in US drone strike, HuJi confirms death - Jun 04, 2011
- Delhi blast: All but two detainees released in Kashmir - Sep 13, 2011
- Tension in Kashmir town over email arrests - Sep 12, 2011
- Five held in Kishtwar for Delhi blast email - Sep 09, 2011
- Chidambaram holds meeting with top security officials - Sep 08, 2011
- HuJi link to Delhi attack on Israelis? - Feb 21, 2012
- Hyderabad student's family says he is innocent - Sep 01, 2012
- UN, US designate HuJI as terrorist organisation - Aug 07, 2010
- Pakistan asks India to rectify 'Most Wanted' list - May 30, 2011