Delhi blast: NIA wants to quiz terror suspectsMay 8th, 2012 - 10:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 8 (IANS) The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has sought a Delhi court’s permission to interrogate six alleged members of the Indian Mujahideen terror group in connection with the May 25, 2011 blast outside the Delhi High Court.
The low-intensity blast took place outside gate number 7. The explosive was kept in a white polythene bag near a lawyer’s car. No one was injured in the explosion, police said.
The NIA requested Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Manish Yaduvanshi to grant permission to examine Gayur Ahmad Jamali, Abdul Rehman, Mohd. Adil, Bashir Hussain, Mohd. Qateel Siddiqui and Mohd. Tarique Anjum Ahsan, who are in judicial custody.
The six accused were arrested by Delhi Police for their alleged involvement in terror strikes in Delhi and other places.
The court fixed Aug 16 for the next hearing after NIA told court that they will make a schedule in respect of proposed examination of the accused.
The probe agency till date has no clue on the blast.
- Delhi Police files charge sheet against 11 IM suspects - May 23, 2012
- Jama Masjid blast: Judicial custody of six accused extended - Jan 05, 2012
- Murdered IM operative's family demands CBI probe - Jun 09, 2012
- Indian Mujahideen targeting Darbhanga for recruits? - Apr 03, 2012
- Another Indian Mujahideen member held, say Delhi Police - Feb 07, 2012
- Ammonium nitrate used in Pune blasts: Patil (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Maharashtra cops questioned on terror suspect's remand - Jun 21, 2012
- Rs.15 lakh reward for clues about IM mastermind - Dec 01, 2011
- Maharashtra cops questioned on terror suspect's remand (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Compensate slain terror suspect's family, demands Samajwadi Party - Jun 11, 2012
- Maharashtra cops explain terror suspect's absence (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Mumbai police want to confront Hamza with Kasab (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- NIA assisting in high court blast probe - Sep 07, 2011
- Court allows NIA to compare Samjhauta, Malegaon blasts evidence - Sep 28, 2011
- Six Indian Mujahideen suspects held for terror attacks - Nov 30, 2011
Tags: abdul rehman, adil, ahsan, anjum, bashir, delhi court, delhi high court, delhi police, hussain, interrogate, investigation agency, jamali, judicial custody, magistrate, mujahideen, national investigation, siddiqui, tarique, terror group, terror strikes