Delhi blast mastermind trapped in Kishtwar?November 15th, 2011 - 8:58 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Nov 15 (IANS) One of the brains behind the Sep 7 Delhi High Court blasts has been “trapped” by a joint army-police team in a mountainous area of Jammu and Kashmir’s Kishtwar district, sources said Tuesday.
Sources in the police said a cordon was laid in a mountainous area of Pijari in Kishtwar following a tip-off about the presence of Jehangir Saroori, one of the main plotters of the Delhi blasts, and a gun battle was sparked off while the security forces were chasing him.
A special police officer was killed in the gunfight, the sources said, adding there was difficulty in closing in on Saroori as the area is dotted with dense forests.
Following the blasts in New Delhi, the National Investigation Agency had zeroed in on Kishtwar town, 230 km north-east of Jammu and arrested three youth, after it was discovered that an e-mail claiming that Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islami had executed the blast was sent from a cyber cafe there.
The three youth were taken to Delhi and during investigations, it had emerged that Saroori, also associated with militant outfit Hizb-ul-Mujahadeen, was one of the masterminds, the sources said.
NIA had started looking for Saroori and Junaid after the arrest of Wasim Akram, a medical student in Bangladesh. Wasim, the brother of Junaid, had disclosed to the NIA that his brother and Jehangir were involved in plotting the blast that left 15 dead and over 80 injured.
- Delhi blast: NIA looks for Kishtwar suspect's brother - Oct 20, 2011
- NIA raids suspects' residences in Jammu, Kishtwar - Oct 19, 2011
- High court blast aimed at saving Guru from gallows: NIA - Mar 13, 2012
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Delhi blast: Email suspects being quizzed - Sep 11, 2011
- NIA quizzing Kishtwar youth, family asserts his innocence - Oct 08, 2011
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- NIA to quiz jailed Hizbul linkman in Delhi blast - Sep 28, 2011
- NIA releases one of three arrested youth - Sep 24, 2011
- Judicial custody of high court blast accused extended - Mar 28, 2012
- Hizb terrorist killed in Jammu gunfight - Jan 23, 2010
- Militant killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Jul 26, 2010
- Three Kashmir terrorists killed in gunfight (Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar - Aug 06, 2012
- Delhi High Court blast: Charges filed against six (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: cyber cafe, delhi blasts, delhi high court, dense forests, district sources, e mail, gun battle, gunfight, harkat ul, investigation agency, jammu and kashmir, junaid, kishtwar, masterminds, mountainous area, mujahadeen, national investigation, police team, special police officer, wasim akram