Delhi blast accused’s plea to be heard May 1April 18th, 2012 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 18 (IANS) An application by Amir Abbas Dev, an accused in last year’s blast outside Delhi High Court, to become an approver would be heard May 1 by a National Investigation Agency (NIA) special court here, sources said Wednesday.
NIA Special Judge H.S. Sharma listed the matter for May 1 on the application of Dev. The court asked the NIA to file a reply on it, sources said.
The court in an in-camera proceeding extended the judicial custody of Dev and another accused Wasim Akram Malik till May 1.
Dev’s counsel Ravi Kazi said that his client wanted to turn approver. “Applications of Dev may be considered for making him as approver,” Dev’s plea said.
The application was moved during the last hearing in March.
The NIA alleged that Dev sent a mail regarding the responsibility of the attack. Dev and Malik were arrested in September 2011.
The probe agency filed its charge sheet in the case March 13 against six people, including a minor, for alleged involvement in blast case.
The Sep 7, 2011 blast outside the reception counter at gate number 5 of the high Court killed 15 people and injured 80.
- Delhi High Court blast: Accused records statement - May 02, 2012
- Delhi HC blast: Court finds evidence against accused - Sep 04, 2012
- Delhi High Court blast: Court to frame charges Oct 1 - Sep 21, 2012
- Judicial custody of high court blast accused extended - Mar 28, 2012
- Chargesheet filed in Delhi High Court blast case - Mar 13, 2012
- Delhi HC blast: Court to frame charges Sep 18 (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- High court blast aimed at saving Guru from gallows: NIA - Mar 13, 2012
- Delhi High Court blast: Charges filed against six (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Delhi HC blast: Order against accused reserved - Aug 24, 2012
- An year after HC blast, Delhi courts' more secure: Police - Sep 06, 2012
- Chargesheet in Delhi High Court blast Wednesday - Mar 12, 2012
- Blast case accused Kashmiri boy released for exam - Feb 16, 2012
- NIA raids suspects' residences in Jammu, Kishtwar - Oct 19, 2011
- Kishtwar student sent to NIA custody till Oct 7 - Sep 23, 2011
- NIA seeks stricter charges against Delhi blast accused - Sep 18, 2012
Tags: abbas, amir, approver, delhi high court, investigation agency, judicial custody, kazi, mail, malik, may 1, national investigation, New Delhi, plea, proceeding, ravi, reception counter, reply, special judge