Delhi blast accused to be produced in court ThursdayJune 11th, 2009 - 1:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 11 (IANS) Delhi bomb blast accused and Indian Mujahideen (IM) member, Akbar Ismail Choudhary, was brought to the national capital from Hyderabad by the Special Cell of Delhi Police Thursday for interrogation in the Sep 13, 2008 serial blasts here.
“Akbar Ismail Choudhury was brought to Delhi Thursday on a transit remand from Hyderabad in connection with the Sep 13 Delhi serial blasts. He will be produced in Tis Hazari court later in the afternoon and we will seek his custody for interrogation into the Delhi blasts,” DCP (Special Cell) Alok Kumar told IANS.
Choudhury is suspected of involvement in the Karol Bagh blast case in the capital.
According to police, he was an accomplice of Mohammad Mansoor Ashgar Peerbhoy, who allegedly headed the media cell of the Indian Mujahideen and sent e-mails to media groups claiming responsibility for the blasts.
Choudhury, along with three other members of IM were arrested by the Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) of Maharashtra Police last year. He was also allegedly involved in the twin blasts in Hyderabad in 2007 for which he has been charge-sheeted by the Hyderabad police
Six blasts across the national capital on Sep 13, 2008 left 26 people dead and several injured.
- Delhi serial blasts accused brought to Delhi - Jun 11, 2009
- Delhi blast accused sent to 10 days police remand (Lead) - Jun 11, 2009
- Charges framed against 13 in Delhi blasts of 2008 - May 06, 2011
- 2008 Delhi serial blasts: Court to frame charges Feb 21 (Second lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges to be framed Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Delhi serial bombings: Eighth charge sheet filed - Sep 09, 2009
- 2008 Delhi serial blast: 11 accused fail to appear in court (Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- Suspected IM operative Peerbhoy brought to Delhi - Feb 27, 2009
- Key terror accused to be brought to Delhi Friday - Feb 26, 2009
- Indian Mujahideen terrorist sent to police custody - Feb 06, 2010
- Trial in Delhi serial blasts case to begin soon - Nov 26, 2009
- Court extends police custody of Peerbhoy - Mar 09, 2009
- Charge sheets filed against a Delhi blasts accused - Sep 17, 2009
- Centre, states' views sought on special terrorism courts - Feb 22, 2010
- Pune-Mumbai now linked by terror as well - Sep 16, 2010