Delhi BJP leaders persuade Poonam Azad to return to partyNovember 7th, 2008 - 10:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 7(IANS) The Delhi unit of Bharatiya Janata Party persuaded its sulking vice-president Poonam Azad to return to the party after she had resigned over ticket distribution for the 2008 Delhi Assembly elections.Poonam Azad, wife of cricketer-turned-politician Kirti Azad, Thursday resigned from the party, alleging neglect of party workers from eastern Uttar Pradesh and neighbouring Bihar residing in Delhi, in selection of gthe party candidates.
Party workers had protested outside the BJP national headquarter here Thursday against the decision. Azad had contested against Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit during the last elections.
BJP leader Vijay Jolly, who is fighting elections from the New Delhi seat against Sheila Dikshit this time was instrumental in persuading her to return.
“Her resignation was never accepted and she is still the vice-president of the Delhi BJP. She is a part of the BJP family,” Jolly said.
“Sometimes during ticket distribution, there are some heartburns. But it was addressed properly,” he said.
“BJP president Rajnath Singh, senior leaders Arun Jaitley and Vijay Kumar Malhotra and Delhi BJP president Harsh Vardhan were happy over her decision to come back. It will further strengthen our prospects in the elections,” Jolly added.
- Delhi BJP gets new office-bearers - Sep 05, 2010
- Courts rejects BJP legislator's plea in Dikshit case - Apr 19, 2012
- BJP, police clash again at Jantar Mantar (Lead) - Aug 12, 2011
- BJP protests, says government shielding Dikshit (Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
- Reply to Shunglu charges, don't pass judgement: BJP to Dikshit - Mar 30, 2011
- Court allows withdrawal of case against Dikshit - May 09, 2012
- Protesting BJP workers taken into custody - Aug 11, 2011
- Court reserves order in case against Dikshit - Apr 09, 2012
- Court to hear plea against Dikshit March 29 - Mar 06, 2012
- Government shielding Dikshit: BJP - Aug 09, 2011
- Prosecution is under pressure from Dikshit, says Jolly - Mar 01, 2012
- BJP united, Congress divided ahead of polls (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Jul 28, 2012
- Court reserves order in case against Dikshit (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- 'Clarify on withdrawal of case against Sheila Dikshit' - Mar 29, 2012
- Sack Sheila Dikshit, says BJP - Mar 30, 2011