Delhi-based transporter shot deadApril 25th, 2012 - 7:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 25 (IANS) A 35-year-old transporter was shot dead in his car by unidentified assailants in the national capital, police said Wednesday.
Karambeer Singh, a resident of west Delhi’s Sultanpur Dabas, was shot at around 11.15 p.m. Tuesday on Firni Road in west Delhi’s Bawana area.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced brought dead. “He received a bullet wound in his right eye,” a police officer told IANS.
Singh, who used to run a transport company in Bawana, was returning home along with three others after attending a wedding in the Burari area, according to police.
“When he reached Firni Road, some unidentified person threw stones at his car. As soon as he came out of the car, he was shot dead,” the police officer added.
A case has been registered. “It might be a case of personal enmity or an attempt at robbery,” the officer said.
According to police, eyewitnesses said only one bullet was fired by the assailant who fled after the shooting.
- Housewife shot at her house - Nov 09, 2011
- Man resisting robbery bid shot - Jan 19, 2012
- Journalist shot, succumbs in hospital - Aug 05, 2011
- Government doctor killed in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 09, 2011
- Man wanted in 13 criminal cases arrested - Jul 13, 2012
- Delhi Police constable shot dead - Apr 21, 2012
- DTC bus driver gunned down - Oct 06, 2011
- Delhi legislator shot, stable (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Private firm manager shot dead in Delhi - Jul 25, 2012
- Russian investigator survives murder attempt - Jun 03, 2012
- Property dealer shot dead in Ghaziabad - Dec 24, 2011
- Man killed in Delhi - Nov 18, 2011
- Man shot dead in south Delhi - Feb 05, 2011
- Government employee shot dead outside office - Feb 23, 2011
- Shot at, security guard catches robber - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: assailant, bullet wound, capital police, dabas, enmity, eyewitnesses, nearby hospital, New Delhi, police officer, returning home, robbery, sultanpur, transport company, unidentified assailants, unidentified person, west delhi