Delhi Bar Association poll cancelled, rescheduled for Feb 1January 25th, 2012 - 10:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 25 (IANS) The Delhi Bar Association’s election was cancelled Wednesday after few anti-social elements, posing as lawyers, barged into the polling area and disrupted voting, an association representative said . The election would now be held Feb 1.
Delhi Bar Association president Rajiv Khosla said: “More than hundred people dressed as lawyers came inside the polling area at Tis Hazari district courts complex and tried to disturb the election procedure.”
The people were neither advocates nor law graduates, said Khosla.
Around 44 candidates are contesting for 14 posts.
- Crummy Tis Hazari courthouse to finally get a facelift - Dec 29, 2011
- Lawyers' strike to back Anna hits litigants (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Lawyers' strike to back Anna hits litigants - Aug 17, 2011
- Lawyers strike work in Delhi courts - Mar 24, 2011
- Delhi lawyers to strike work Thursday - Jan 11, 2012
- Lawyers' protest paralyses Delhi courts - Apr 07, 2012
- Attention, your honour: Delhi court complex in shambles - Sep 23, 2011
- 'Singhvi CD issue has harmed legal profession' - Apr 23, 2012
- No kidding: Child labour rampant around Delhi courts - Oct 08, 2011
- Delhi lawyers observe strike on bar council's call - Jul 11, 2012
- Delhi's lower court lawyers to strike work Jan 20 - Jan 19, 2012
- Lawyers plan strike Wednesday on Hazare's arrest - Aug 16, 2011
- Lawyers' strike in Delhi district courts - Sep 29, 2011
- Delhi High Court lawyers join strike - Jul 12, 2012
- Lawyers to observe nationwide strike Tuesday - Feb 02, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,