Defence estates official found dead in LucknowJuly 18th, 2012 - 12:43 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 17 (IANS) A defence estates official was found dead under mysterious circumstances here Tuesday, police said.
The official, identified as 46-year-old S.S. Grewal was posted here as the joint director, defence estates and had joined July 9.
He was staying at the Cantonment Board guest house.
The incident came to light when Grewal did not reach the office. When office staff was sent to see why had he had not reported for duty, the official was found lying dead on his bed in his guest house room.
Prima facie, defence officials told IANS, Grewal appeared to have overdosed on liquor.
Officials of Cantonment police station however said that they will wait for the autopsy report to give a final view on the causes behind the death.
Grewal was a resident of Ludhiana, Punjab and his family members have been informed of his death.
- Briton dies in Manali - Sep 25, 2011
- Five murders in Delhi - Jul 08, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh rights panel takes up killed doctor's case - Jun 24, 2011
- Man electrocuted while hooked to laptop - Nov 06, 2011
- Himachal bureaucrat's son found dead in Chandigarh - Nov 23, 2011
- Senior executive found dead in Gurgaon - Jun 05, 2011
- Delhi Police constable found dead inside water tank - May 03, 2012
- Six-year-old killed in Gurgaon - Jul 26, 2012
- Elderly woman found dead in her Delhi flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Two murders in Delhi - Jul 11, 2012
- Maharashtra official found dead in Lucknow hotel - Sep 07, 2012
- Cause of Sage Stallone's death still unknown - Jul 16, 2012
- Delhi Police constable shot dead - Apr 21, 2012
- Australian tourist found dead in Jaipur hotel - Dec 15, 2011
- Murdered Nepali woman's body found in tank - Jul 26, 2011
Tags: autopsy report, cantonment board, cantonment police station, defence estates, defence officials, family members, grewal, guest house, july 17, liquor, mysterious circumstances, office staff, punjab