Defence canteen scam: Four accused in CBI custodyJuly 1st, 2012 - 11:51 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 1 (IANS) A special court here Sunday sent four accused in a corruption racket, involving officials of the canteen stores department (CSD) of the defence ministry and a private company, to CBI custody till July 6, an official said.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) busted the racket related to supplies at the defence canteen Saturday.
The court remanded all the four accused in police custody till July 6, a CBI official said.
Bikas Ranjan Daschaudhary, joint-general manager of CSD Mumbai, was caught accepting a bribe from officials of private company Sankalp Consumer Products Pvt. Ltd. (SCPPL). Three company officials were also nabbed.
The company’s director Milind Govilkar and officials of the CSD allegedly conspired to manipulate the requirements of the stores which benefitted SCPPL’s interests.
Besides Daschaudhary and Govilkar, who was nabbed from Pune, the CBI arrested Vilas Harer and Manohar Vibhute.
- Brigadier held in defence canteen scam - Jul 03, 2012
- CBI arrests four for defence canteen racket - Jul 01, 2012
- NDA recruitment scam: Army officer among 6 held (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- CBI busts recruitment racket in ordnance factory - Dec 29, 2011
- Abhishek Verma, wife sent to jail till July 4 (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife in seven days CBI custody - Jun 09, 2012
- Army fully cooperating in Adarsh scam: Army Chief - Jan 06, 2011
- NDA staffers arrested for recruitment scam - Jun 24, 2012
- Not aware of PAC letter over canteen irregularities: Army chief - Jan 06, 2011
- Army, IAF chiefs to appear before PAC over canteen irregularities - Jan 08, 2011
- Civilians of unit run canteens of defence forces allege mismanagement - Mar 19, 2010
- Abhishek Verma, wife in CBI custody till June 21 (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Two accused sent to jail in medical admission racket - Jul 21, 2012
- Rs.4.64 billion MSTC fraud-CBI nabs three - May 02, 2012
- Arrested tax official has assets worth crores - Sep 07, 2011