Defector BSP legislator disqualifiedOctober 17th, 2011 - 7:09 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 17 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh’s ruling Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) legislator Krishna Kumar Singh, who had switched loyalties to the Samajwadi Party, was Monday disqualified by Speaker Sukhdeo Rajbhar under the anti-defection law.
Talking to mediapersons here, Rajbhar said: “Krishna Kumar Singh is the fourth ruling party legislator to be disqualified under the anti-defection law in the recent past.”
“I initiated action against Singh on a petition moved by BSP state president Swami Prasad Maurya,” he added.
Singh, who represented Mallawan assembly seat under the Hardoi parliamentary constituency, has been disqualified with retrospective effect from Aug 3.
Meanwhile, a petition seeking disqualification of another BSP lawmaker Jitendra Singh Babloo is pending with the speaker.
Others to be disqualified by the speaker are ruling BSP legislators Mahfooz Kidwai from Masauli (Barabanki), Sher Bahadur Singh from Jalalpur (Ambedkar Nagar) and Bhagwan Sharma alias Guddu Pandit from Dibai (Bulandshahar).
- Action against defecting NCP legislators difficult: Meghalaya speaker - Sep 11, 2012
- NCP seeks disqualification of four Odisha legislators - Jul 10, 2012
- Karnataka High Court to resume hearing on rebel BJP MLAs tomorrow - Oct 20, 2010
- Karnataka HC upholds disqualification of rebel BJP MLAs - Oct 29, 2010
- Bishnoi wants 'defector' HJC legislators unseated - Dec 09, 2009
- Defector Haryana lawmakers want disqualification petition dismissed - Nov 10, 2011
- High court upholds rebel BJP legislators' disqualification - Oct 29, 2010
- Karnataka HC to continue hearing on MLAs disqualification case today - Oct 21, 2010
- Karnataka crisis: High Court to decide rebel MLAs fate today - Oct 12, 2010
- Two judges differ on Karnataka legislators' disqualification - Oct 18, 2010
- Karnataka crisis: Chaos at Assembly ahead of trust vote - Oct 11, 2010
- Yeddyurappa Govt. in Karnataka survives 'Trust Vote' - Oct 11, 2010
- INLD seeks disqualification of Haryana independents - Feb 22, 2011
- Disqualified Karnataka legislators' case adjourned to Tuesday (Lead) - Oct 11, 2010
- Court reserves judgment on Karnataka legislators' plea - Feb 01, 2011