Defamation case: V.K. Singh, four officers get bailJuly 20th, 2012 - 12:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 20 (IANS) A Delhi court Friday granted bail to former army chief Gen V.K. Singh and four other army officers in a defamation case filed by Lt Gen (retd) Tejinder Singh.
Granting bail to V.K. Singh and the four others, Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Thareja also asked them to furnish a surety amount of Rs.20,000.
Tejinder Singh had filed a case against the former army chief and others for allegedly making libellous statements against him in the media and accusing him of bribery.
Alleging that the officers misused their official position, power and authority to level false charges against him, Tejinder Singh had also named Army Vice Chief Lt Gen S.K. Singh, Director General Military Intelligence Lt Gen B.S. Thakur, Additional Director General Public Information Major Gen S.L. Narsimhan and Directorate General of Public Information Staff Officer Lt Col Hitten Sawhney.
- Suit against army chief shifted to another judge - May 07, 2012
- Files sought in army chief defamation case - May 18, 2012
- Cancellation of ex-army chief's bail sought - Aug 08, 2012
- Army ex-chief faces court, granted bail in defamation case (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Court order May 18 on defamation case against army chief (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Court defers hearing against army chief - May 08, 2012
- Former army chief opposes plea to cancel his bail - Aug 24, 2012
- Defamation case: Bail for Gen. V.K. Singh, four officers (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Court order on plea against army chief April 26 - Apr 21, 2012
- Court reserves order on Tejinder Singh's plea (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Court reserves order on further probe in case against army chief - May 25, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Third lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Court dismisses former army chief's plea - Aug 28, 2012
- Court to rule on summoning of army chief May 5 - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: army chief, army officers, bribery, defamation case, delhi court, director general, directorate general, false charges, lt, magistrate, military intelligence, New Delhi, position power, public information staff, sawhney, staff officer, surety, tejinder singh, vice chief