Deepika wins gold in world youth archeryAugust 28th, 2011 - 11:11 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 28 (IANS) India’s Deepika Kumari won the gold in the junior women’s recurve event of the world youth championship at Legnica in Poland Sunday.
Deepika, seeded third, defeated top seed Kim Minjung of Korea 6-2. The Korean won the first set to pick up two points, but the Indian roared back to win the next three to triumph in the contest easily, according to information received here.
This was Deepika’s second world title. She had won her first honours two years back at Ogden when she took the recurve cadet women’s crown. In between the two gold medals, she also annexed the Commonwealth Games gold medal in women’s individual recurve event at New Delhi.
The Indian junior men’s recurve team comprising Atanu Das, Somnath Mondal and Rajgovind Swansi also won silver losing the final to Korea 200-214. India’s junior women’s recurve team picked up two bronze medals. The troika of Deepika Kumari, Rimil Buriuly and Seema Verma breezed past Japan 201-189 in the bronze medal play-off.
The other bronze medal came in the cadet recurve mixed team, consisting of Mainaw Narzary and Binod Swansi, which got the better of Bulgaria 146-145 in the bronze medal play-off.
- Asian Games archery: Deepika in quarters of individual recurve - Nov 23, 2010
- Asian Games archery: Deepika loses bronze play-off (Roundup) - Nov 23, 2010
- Asian Games archery: Deepika scrapes through to semi-finals (Lead) - Nov 23, 2010
- Archer Deepika Kumari wins first World Cup title - May 05, 2012
- Indian archers bag 4 gold, 2 silver, 2 bronze medals - Mar 19, 2010
- Asian Games archery: Indian women's team wins recurve bronze - Nov 21, 2010
- Asian Games archery: Indian women get bronze, Korea take gold (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Asian Grand Prix archery: Rich medal haul for India - Feb 19, 2012
- Deepika second Indian woman archer to reach World Cup final - Sep 02, 2010
- World Cup archery: Indian women in bronze medal play-off - Jun 10, 2011
- Asian Games: Athletics make it a golden Sunday for India (Roundup) - Nov 21, 2010
- CWG archery: India end campaign with three gold (Roundup) - Oct 10, 2010
- Asian Games: Sodhi wins double trap gold, women's archery team bronze (Afternoon Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Asian Games archery: Deepika falters to end 4th, Yun Ok Hee takes gold (Intro roundup) - Nov 23, 2010
- CWG Archery: Deepika wins gold, Dola picks up bronze - Oct 10, 2010
Tags: archery, binod, bronze medal, bronze medals, commonwealth games gold, deepika, gold medal, gold medals, honours, junior men, junior women, kumari, legnica, medal play, minjung, mondal, seema, somnath, troika, world youth championship