Debt-ridden man kills 2 daughters, wife, self in GujaratOctober 4th, 2008 - 12:12 am ICT by IANS
Palanpur, Oct 3 (IANS) A man, who was in debt after gambling and betting on cricket matches, poisoned his wife and two minor daughters and then committed suicide by hanging himself in Gujarat’s Patan district, the police said Friday.Ashok Karsanbhai Thakkar, 35, was neck deep in debt and was under pressure from his creditors as he was not repaying the loan taken for his house.
He gambled and wasted money on cricket-betting and then lost whatever little he had, said inspector N.B. Chudsama of Radanpur police station.
Ashok’s elder brother Kamlesh Thakkar told the police: “My brother Ashok had gone too far in gambling. He became addicted to placing bets on cricket matches just to make some money. The downfall was irreversible.”
“Probably it was late at night when he gave poison to his wife Sonalben, 28, and two minor daughters and then killed himself by hanging from the ceiling fan,” a police official said.
- Cricket betting racket busted, four held - Oct 18, 2011
- Delhi property dealer attempts suicide - May 02, 2012
- Family of three commits suicide in Noida - Dec 27, 2011
- Man poisons wife, daughters, hangs himself - Sep 21, 2010
- Servant commits suicide in employer's house - Mar 04, 2011
- Mother poisons daughters, self - Nov 08, 2011
- Minor helps Delhi Police to solve murder mystery - Jul 26, 2012
- Man running cricket betting racket arrested - Mar 11, 2011
- Man arrested for murdering creditor - Jul 16, 2011
- Farmer commits suicide amid debts - Dec 15, 2010
- Chain-snatching gang apprehended in Delhi - Jul 09, 2012
- Betting gang busted in Gurgaon - Jul 27, 2010
- Man hacks his brother to death, hangs himself - Oct 03, 2011
- Woman kills three kids, commits suicide - Oct 19, 2011
- Malaysia raids football gambling syndicates - Jul 05, 2012