Debt-entrapped Kolkata couple kill daughter, themselvesSeptember 8th, 2008 - 4:30 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 8 (IANS) A 43-year-old trader in a debt trap commited suicide along with his wife after poisoning their five-year-old daughter in West Bengal in a Kolkata suburb, police said Monday. “Nirmal Chakraborty, a garment manufacturer, along with his wife Arpita poisoned their five-year old daughter Shristi at their Jadavpur residence Sunday. Afterwards they too consumed poison. Police found Chakraborty and his daughter’s body in the bedroom while Arpita’s body was found after some time floating in a nearby pond,” district police superintendent Ajay Ranade told reporters here.
Police have found a suicide note from Chakraborty that stated he along with his family chose to die as they were unable to bear the burden of debt and loss in business.
“It is clear from the note that debt and loss in business were the causes behind the suicide. We are not suspecting any foul play,” Ranade added.
According to sources at Jadavpur police station, Chakraborty had taken a huge bank loan but often failed to pay the EMI on time.
- Delhi property dealer attempts suicide - May 02, 2012
- Suicide by three of a family: Food samples sent for tests - Nov 10, 2011
- Delhi couple commits suicide after financial losses - Jul 25, 2011
- Debt-ridden couple commits suicide - May 20, 2010
- 18-year-old, parents found dead in Delhi (Lead) - Oct 25, 2010
- Four of a family commit suicide in Secunderabad - Jan 28, 2012
- Woman kills five children, commits suicide - Oct 07, 2011
- Man, mother commit suicide - Dec 11, 2011
- Man kills wife, daughter before committing suicide - May 15, 2010
- Railway employee commits suicide - Mar 11, 2012
- Woman drowns three kids, self - Oct 25, 2011
- Chandigarh woman, daughter commit suicide - Jul 24, 2011
- Kolkata police officer commits suicide - Aug 25, 2012
- Wary of fourth girl child, man poisons wife, daughters - Apr 13, 2012
- Five people commit suicide in Delhi - Oct 07, 2011