Death toll rises to four in Madhya Pradesh blastFebruary 16th, 2010 - 4:58 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Feb 16 (IANS) The death toll in the firecracker factory blast, which occurred in Madhya Pradesh’s Sagar district Feb 14, has now risen to four, officials said Tuesday.
Several people were injured in the incident.
The Sagar district administration has served a notice under the Explosives Act to the factory owner.
“The police have also seized a mini truck loaded with firecrackers and gunpowder used for making crackers while two victims have been referred to a Bhopal hospital. The blast occurred in Garhakota area at Rajesh Gupta’s residence. He was running the factory illegally in the residential area,” Sagar Superintendent of Police V.K. Suryavanshi said.
While the district administration has given relief of Rs.10,000 to the families of each of the deceased and Rs.5,000 to the families of each of the injured, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has assured a compensation of Rs.one lakh to the families of each of the deceased.
“This is in addition to the compensation of Rs.one lakh to the families of each of the deceased, Rs.35,000 to those who were seriously injured and Rs.7,500 to those who were injured,” said collector Manish Shrivastava.
- Rs.5 lakh each for Karnal blast victims' kin - Aug 23, 2011
- 36 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fifth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Eight dead in Indore explosives factory blast - Oct 06, 2011
- 33 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fourth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Blast in home kills seven in Madhya Pradesh - Sep 30, 2011
- Eight killed in Punjab blast, probe ordered (Lead) - Jan 08, 2011
- 13 people from Madhya Pradesh killed in two accidents - Apr 06, 2012
- List of victims being compiled for compensation: Chidambaram - Sep 10, 2011
- Child killed, five injured in Madhya Pradesh blast - Feb 15, 2010
- PM condoles Sivakasi fire victims - Sep 05, 2012
- Rs.10 lakh for Sep 7 blast victims: Court - Sep 21, 2011
- Six arrested for Sivakasi fire tragedy - Sep 06, 2012
- Three killed in fire cracker unit blast in Punjab - Apr 13, 2012
- Five killed in Punjab factory blast - Sep 12, 2012
- Compensation for Kerala lorry blast victims - Sep 03, 2012
Tags: chief minister, crackers, death toll, district administration, explosives, feb 14, firecracker, firecrackers, gunpowder, lakh, manish, mini truck, rajesh gupta, residential area, rs one, sagar, shrivastava, superintendent