Death in custody: Delhi court summons three doctorsApril 19th, 2008 - 9:03 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 19 (IANS) A city court Saturday issued summons against three doctors of the Safdarjung Hospital to ascertain the reasons for a young caddie’s death in police custody last month. Metropolitan Magistrate Kuldeep Narayan asked Ajay Kumar, Arvind Theogaonker and Alexander F. Khakha to appear before it April 24.
The court had expressed displeasure over the post-mortem examination report stating it did not mention the reasons for Vicky Arya’s death. It also asked the officer in charge of the Delhi Cantonment police station to submit a videocassette of the autopsy report two days before the doctors’ scheduled appearance in court.
Vicky, a caddie in a local golf course, was taken into custody by the special staff of South West Delhi Police March 13 in connection as a suspect in a case of chain snatching.
Vicky, in his early 20s, had died in police custody after complaining of stomach ache.
Appearing before the court, his mother Babli Devi had alleged that a senior police officer beat Vicky to death.
- Delhi Police pay interim relief for custodial death - Mar 02, 2012
- Bangladesh court orders exhumation of 'whipped to death' girl's body for new autopsy - Feb 08, 2011
- Apex court notice to centre, Kashmir over custodial death - Oct 31, 2011
- Honour killing convict planned murder of victim's kin - Jan 19, 2011
- Court again rejects cops' plea for Chaddha's custody (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Quack scoops out infant's brain during surgery in UP - Sep 06, 2012
- Minor's rape, murder: Uttar Pradesh doctors may face action - Jun 16, 2011
- Doctor's death in jail: Family moves Supreme Court (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Two Delhi businessman found dead in car - Oct 10, 2011
- Kanda hunt on, Geetika's autopsy confirms no foul play - Aug 11, 2012
- Verdict in Aman Kachru's ragged-to-death case Thursday - Nov 10, 2010
- Geetika suicide: Chaddha to be questioned for another day - Aug 11, 2012
- My life threatened: Honour killing victim's sister - Dec 28, 2010
- Man dies in police custody, protestors allege torture - Sep 16, 2011
- SC/ST panel questions Uttar Pradesh on doctor's death - Jun 25, 2011