Dead soldier’s family await his bodyJanuary 12th, 2011 - 1:15 am ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Jan 11 (IANS) Five days after a soldier died at his post in the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir, his family here was Tuesday still awaiting his body.Vijendra Singh, 35, posted at the India-China border, died of cardiac arrest Jan 6. His body was still to reach his home at Begumabad area near Modi Nagar town till Tuesday evening.
Vijendra’s father Inderjeet Singh, mother Phoolwati and brothers Tejveer, Parvinder and Jaiveer were constantly waiting for his body to reach home.
Vijendra’s son Arun, 10, and daughter Tanu, 8, just could not console their mother and grandparents from weeping. A wave of sorrow gripped the entire locality after Vijendra’s death.
Born in the family of a farmer, Vijendra dreamed of serving the country ever since childhood. After basic education from local school, Vijendra joined the army. He was posted with the Jat Regiment in Ladakh around one and half years back.
Army sources said that the helicopter carrying his body was stranded at Chandigarh resulting in the delay in bringing back his body. It was expected to be brought by Wednesday afternoon.
- Orphaned by Leh floods, sisters adopted by army get back life - May 31, 2011
- Indian Army regiment completes arduous trek to Ladakh's Zanskar - Feb 12, 2012
- Jats likely to intensify stir in Haryana - Mar 10, 2012
- Couple shot dead in Haryana city, attacker arrested (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Relatives suspect foul play in army jawan's suicide - Aug 10, 2012
- When seven Nepal brothers served the India Army - Aug 13, 2010
- Army officer begs for euthanasia - Jun 15, 2012
- Woman walks 110 km in 15 days for medical help in Chhattisgarh - Nov 20, 2009
- India's first field marshal Sam Manekshaw remembered - Apr 03, 2012
- Army called as Jat agitators torch police station (Second Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Anger, sorrow as Mahi dies in Haryana borewell (Roundup) - Jun 24, 2012
- Three Shaurya Chakras among I-Day gallantry awards - Aug 15, 2011
- Shopkeeper set ablaze - Jul 08, 2011
- Shooter Vijay deserves topmost award: Dhumal - Aug 08, 2012
- Kargil martyr's parents look to SC, president for hope - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: army sources, arun, basic education, cardiac arrest, chandigarh, dead soldier, grandparents, half years, helicopter, inderjeet singh, india china, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, ladakh region, local school, locality, tuesday evening, wave of sorrow, wednesday afternoon