‘Dead’ servant arrested for Chandigarh woman’s murderMay 19th, 2008 - 4:10 pm ICT by admin
Chandigarh, May 19 (IANS) The murder of a property dealer’s wife at her residence here saw yet another twist - the Chandigarh police Monday claimed to have arrested the domestic help whom it had declared as having been “killed” Sunday. Chandigarh’s Senior Superintendent of Police S.S. Srivastava announced that Vijay Pal alias Nikku, the domestic help of property dealer Baljinder Singh Sandhu and his murdered wife Anuradha, was arrested Monday from Himachal Pradesh.
Srivastava said that Nikku had said during interrogation that Sandhu had given a contract to kill 33-year-old Anuradha, who used to run a boutique from home, as his relationship with his wife was strained.
The police are not yet ready to believe Nikku all the way, though they have detained Sandhu. They are probing reports that he was friendly some other women.
Anuradha was found murdered in her house in Sector 38-west here late Saturday night while her husband was partying at a local discotheque. Their two children, aged 10 and 8 years, were found locked in another room.
The police had Sunday declared that the defaced body of Nikku was recovered near Ropar town in Punjab, 40 km from here, hours after Anuradha was killed.
But they now claim that the body recovered from Ropar was that of Sunil, a domestic help working in the house adjoining Sandhu’s. Nikku and his accomplice abducted Sunil after slitting Anuradha’s throat and murdered him near Ropar, the police alleged. They later smashed his face with bricks to deface it and make recognition difficult.
They also threw a few identification documents belonging to Nikku along with Sunil’s body in Ropar to hoodwink investigators, said the police.
- Chandigarh realtor held for contract killing of his wife(Lead) - May 19, 2008
- Property dealer gets life term for wife's killing - Nov 17, 2010
- Chandigarh police question husband over woman's murder(Lead) - May 18, 2008
- When murder suspects turn out to be victims too - May 19, 2008
- Wife of property dealer murdered in Chandigarh - May 18, 2008
- Cousin held for siblings' murder (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Man murdered for harassing newly-wed woman - Jul 14, 2012
- Husband charged with Sikh woman's murder in Canada - Jan 25, 2011
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Minor helps Delhi Police to solve murder mystery - Jul 26, 2012
- Property dealer found dead in Ghaziabad, murder suspected - Mar 26, 2012
- Man holds wife, in-laws hostage for not paying dowry - May 07, 2012
- Suspended jailer kills wife, self in Lucknow (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Slain Indian-origin woman's husband, two others charged with first-degree murder in Canada - Jan 25, 2011