Dead Delhi scribe’s lover surrenders in JharkhandJune 5th, 2012 - 7:07 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, June 5 (IANS) Priyabhanshu Ranjan, lover of Delhi-based scribe Nirupama Pathak who died in 2010, Tuesday surrendered in a Jharkhand court which sent him to 14 days judicial custody.
Nirupama died in April 2010. Her body was found hanging from the ceiling in her home in Koderma district, some 150 km from here.
Her mother was arrested for her death, which the police described as a murder. The victim’s family members also lodged a complaint in a court alleging that Priyabhanshu raped Nirupama and abetted in her suicide.
Jharkhand Police, while submitting the charge sheet, named Priyabhanshu and family members of Niripama as accused for driving her to commit suicide.
An arrest warrant was issued against Priyabhanshu. His anticipatory bail was rejected by the Jharkhand High Court last week.
Priyabhanshu and Nirupama were in love with each other and were living together in New Delhi, police said.
The family members of Nirupama were allegedly opposed to their plans to get married.
After Nirupama’s death, Priyabhanshu alleged that her family members killed her as they were against their love affair.
- No anticipatory bail for dead scribe's boyfriend, brother - Mar 30, 2011
- Scribe Nirupama committed suicide: Delhi hospital - Aug 25, 2010
- Court allows grilling of dead scribe's mother in jail - May 14, 2010
- Priyabhanshu Ranjan's family demands CBI probe into Nirupama Pathak death case - May 10, 2010
- Journalist Nirupama Pathak's mother granted bail - Aug 03, 2010
- Jharkhand, Delhi Police quiz Nirupama, Priyabhanshu's friends - May 08, 2010
- Scribe's death: Jharkhand court orders filing of report against Priyabhanshu - May 07, 2010
- Police told to file FIR against slain scribe's boyfriend - May 07, 2010
- Slain scribe's mother denied bail - May 15, 2010
- Slain scribe's boyfriend quizzed, case filed against him (Lead) - May 07, 2010
- Nirupama's boyfriend moves high court for CBI probe - May 10, 2010
- Nirupama Pathak's mother denied bail - Jun 26, 2010
- AIIMS board to find cause of Nirupama Pathak's death - Jul 05, 2010
- Suicide note was written by Delhi scribe Nirupama, says forensic report - Jun 22, 2010
- Priyabhanshu's father was against their marriage: Nirupama's father - May 10, 2010