Dead chickens reveal woman’s plot to murder husbandAugust 21st, 2008 - 10:56 pm ICT by IANS
Kinathukadavu (Tamil Nadu), Aug 21 (IANS) Investigations into the unexplained deaths of over 50 chickens in a farm here Thursday landed a 26-year-old housewife in jail for attempting to murder her husband, police said.This village in Coimbatore district, locate 600 km southwest of Chennai, is home to large poultry farms. One of the farms owners, K. Jayaraman, complained to police when he noticed several of his chickens suddenly dying.
His enquiries revealed that the chickens died after consuming rice fed by a neighbour, V. Chinnasamy.
This led to the uncovering of a bizarre plot by Chinnasamy’s wife V.C. Devi to kill her husband for allegedly torturing her suspecting her fidelity. She laced his rice with rat poison, but since her intended victim did not like the bitter taste of the rice he fed some of it to the birds.
Jayaraman called the police and they found Chinnasamy convulsing and admitted him to hospital. Devi was arrested. A court sent her to judicial remand in the nearby town of Pollachi, police sources told IANS.
- 3,000 poultry culled over bird flu scare - Dec 27, 2011
- Senior Kerala cop suspended for filing case against women devotees - Mar 12, 2012
- Man dies after eating khaini with pesticide laced hands - Nov 26, 2009
- Drunk man chokes 70,000 chickens to death in US - Aug 29, 2012
- Single largest gathering of women at Kerala festival - Mar 07, 2012
- 14-year-old girl, father among Sabarimala stampede dead - Jan 15, 2011
- 2,000 dead birds set off flu fears in Meghalaya - Jan 09, 2012
- Chicken culling starts, as bird flu strikes Tripura - Mar 08, 2011
- Bird flu detected on Bangladesh farm - Nov 15, 2011
- Three police officials suspended for dereliction of duty - Jan 26, 2012
- Over 300 chickens culled in Nepal farm - Mar 22, 2012
- Gorakhpur farmers turn to poultry business - Dec 15, 2010
- Widow, teenaged sons found murdered in Haryana - Jul 11, 2011
- Woman commits suicide over husband's affairs (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Poisonous dioxin found in 3,000 tons of an animal feed additive in Germany - Jan 06, 2011