DDCA felicitates TendulkarOctober 29th, 2008 - 2:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 29 (IANS) India’s batting great Sachin Tendulkar was Wednesday felicitated on becoming the highest run getter in Tests by the Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) at the Feroz Shah Kotla stadium here.Tendulkar, 35, bested West Indian Brian Lara’s record of 11,953 Test runs in Mohali, where he also became the only player to cross the 12,000-run mark.
Delhi captain and India opener Virender Sehwag and DDCA president Arun Jaitley presented Tendulkar with a pair of Adidas shoes before the start of the first day’s play in the third Test against Australia.
However, former skipper Sourav Ganguly, who is playing his last international match here, does not figure in their list of acknowledgements.
In the last Test in Mohali, both Ganguly and Tendulkar were felicitated by the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) .
But a DDCA official confirmed to IANS that so far there are no such plans to felicitate Ganguly, who will be retiring at the end of the series. The association, on its part, has put up three boards reading “Farewell Sourav”.
- Dravid pips Lara to become third highest scorer in Test history - Dec 17, 2010
- Closed Kotla ticket counters drive away fans - Nov 06, 2011
- Court orders provisional use of Kotla for IPL matches (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Tendulkar becomes highest run scorer in Test cricket - Oct 17, 2008
- Chanderpaul moves to fifth in Test rankings - Apr 14, 2012
- Ganguly, Dhoni push India to 401/6 (Lunch report) - Oct 18, 2008
- Sahin Tendulkar 47 short of 17,000-run milestone - Nov 01, 2009
- Despite century, Ganguly sticks to retirement plans - Oct 18, 2008
- DDCA sports committee restrained from functioning - May 13, 2011
- Mohali preparing to celebrate Tendulkar record - Oct 14, 2008
- ICC reinstates Kotla as an international cricket venue - Nov 23, 2010
- Hype will make it tough for Tendulkar: West Indies coach - Nov 04, 2011
- Chanderpaul joins 10,000-run club but Windies face defeat - Apr 27, 2012
- Tendulkar completes 12000 runs in Tests, Ganguly gets 7000 - Oct 17, 2008
- Caribbean cricket infrastructure 'terrible', says Lara - Nov 13, 2011