DDA’s controversial draw of flats now before courtJanuary 6th, 2009 - 9:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 6 (IANS) Amid allegations of irregularities in the Delhi Development Authority’s (DDA) draw of lots for allotment of flats in the capital, an unsuccessful applicant Tuesday approached the Delhi High Court seeking cancellation of the draw.Rajesh Kumar, who works with the air force, filed a petition in the court that the DDA had illegally and arbitrarily allotted the flats and the draw should be cancelled.
“The draw of lots made by the DDA is illegal, arbitrary and grossly against the public policy and there are sufficient proofs to show that the draw suffers from malpractices coupled with the irregular and irresponsible conduct of DDA,” Kumar said in his petition.
He said many applications were filed using fake names and the authority has failed to verify these, leading to the allotment of flats to dubious applicants.
“The irresponsible conduct of the DDA in not verifying the details of the applicants and then not rejecting the applications suffering from misrepresentation and suppression of facts has been highly prejudicial to genuine applicants,” he said.
Referring to various media reports, Kumar said three people, with the same mobile phone number, were allotted flats and people belonging to a particular community from Rajasthan were alloted most of the flats reserved for Scheduled Tribes and Castes.
DDA allotted over 5,000 flats on Dec 6 through a draw of lots in which 567,000 applications were considered.
The flats’ cost ranges between Rs.700,000 to Rs.7.7 million and the houses are located in areas like Dwarka, Rohini and Vasant Kunj.
Delhi Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna, who is chairman of the DDA, has already ordered an enquiry by the Economic Offence Wing (EOW) of Delhi Police.
- DDA irregularities: No housing allotment till probe is over - Mar 30, 2009
- High court directs plea on DDA scam to another bench - Jan 28, 2009
- Court tells DDA to give flat to man waiting for 30 years (Lead) - Oct 04, 2011
- Court pulls up DDA over delay in allotting plots (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Complete Rohini plot demarcation by Oct 30, court tells DDA - Sep 23, 2011
- Delhi Police file chargesheet in DDA housing scam - Apr 08, 2009
- Registrar of societies fined Rs.10,000 - Apr 24, 2011
- Nod given for occupying flats in Dwarka society, court told - Nov 21, 2011
- Court asks DDA for records on 2004 housing scheme - Mar 24, 2010
- DDA picks lots for 16,000 flats in Delhi - Apr 19, 2011
- Refund flat booking amount to widow, court tells DDA - Jan 20, 2011
- Court gives green signal to DDA to allot flats - Nov 06, 2009
- DDA inquiry committee submits report on housing scam - Feb 20, 2009
- CWG village flats: Pay dues to DDA, court tells Emaar MGF - Mar 19, 2012
- 'Expedite issue of completion certificates' - Feb 24, 2012