DDA scam ‘whistle-blower’ taken to Rajasthan, police widen probeJanuary 13th, 2009 - 11:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 13 (IANS) Delhi Police Tuesday took Deepak Kumar, who blew the lid off the Delhi Development Authority’s (DDA) alleged housing scam, to Rajasthan for further investigationsThe police said they are likely to include the general category of allottees along with the reserved ones in the ongoing probe.
Sleuths of Delhi Police’s elite Economic Offences Wing (EOW) took Kumar to Jhunjhunu carry forward the investigation in the case. Another arrested real estate dealer, Laxmi Narayan Meena, has already been taken there to ascertain the identity of some suspects.
Kumar was arrested Sunday for his alleged role in the irregularities in the allotment of 5,000 DDA flats in December.
The police said Kumar, a law graduate, went to Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan and along with Lakshmi Narayan Meena, a sacked bank employee who is in police custody till Jan 17, collected information of over 200 villagers.
The two allegedly passed the details to some west Delhi-based real estate agents. The agents applied for flats under the reserved category of SC/ST with fraudulently obtained details and on the basis of forged documents.
The villagers neither paid any money and nor were they aware of the applications.
“We are also planning to investigate if similar irregularities have been noticed in general category,” said a police official.
Meanwhile, the police officials continued searches in various parts of the capital for clues to the fraud.
- All DDA allottees asked to file details as police probe scam - Jan 21, 2009
- DDA housing scam accused sent to judicial custody - Jan 18, 2009
- Sacked SBI employee from Rajasthan held for DDA scam (Lead) - Jan 10, 2009
- Absconding property dealer held in DDA scam - Oct 24, 2009
- Former DDA employee arrested in flat allotment scam - Jan 15, 2009
- Former official discloses 18 names in DDA housing scam - Jan 22, 2009
- DDA may begin flat allotment process next month - Aug 27, 2009
- DDA given clean chit in housing scam - Aug 10, 2009
- DDA to allot flats in November after clean chit in scam - Oct 29, 2009
- Former DDA employee got 40 flats, sent to police custody (Lead) - Jan 15, 2009
- After Rajasthan, police probe DDA scam roots in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 16, 2009
- We want to get to bottom of DDA scam: Delhi Police chief (Lead) - Jan 16, 2009
- Former DDA employee held in flat scam, probe widens - Jan 14, 2009
- DDA scam 'whistle-blower' in custody, officials under scanner (Lead) - Jan 12, 2009
- Real estate agent held in DDA scam - May 21, 2009