DDA scam: another accused remanded to police custodyJanuary 12th, 2009 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 12 (IANS) A city court Monday remanded Deepak Kumar, a property agent and accused in the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) flat allotment scam, to eight-day police remand.The court also allowed the application of Delhi Police seeking issuance of search warrant of Deepak’s office at Janakpuri.
Deepak’s counsel moved his bail application but the court kept it pending since he was being kept in custody.
Deepak was arrested Sunday. Police have recovered blank ICICI Bank loan application forms for DDA flats, a list of 366 applicants mentioning particulars of the reserved Scheduled Tribe (ST) category running into 18 sheets and 22 pay-in slips with names of various people, the prosecution said.
Deepak, a law graduate, met the scamsters in July 2008 when he was approached by fellow property agents to manipulate the DDA housing scheme, police said.
In early October he decided to blow the lid off the scam and filed a complaint along with Udit Raj, a former revenue services officer and activist, police said.
The prosecution’s case is that in some fictitious applications were made in the names of some people belonging to the Scheduled Tribes category, particularly from Rajasthan.
Delhi Police earlier arrested Laxmi Narayan Meena, a former bank employee, who has been remanded in police custody till Jan 17.
Meena had allegedly submitted 177 application forms using documents obtained fraudulently.
A case under various provisions of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) dealing with cheating by impersonation, inducing delivery of property, forgery and using as genuine a forged document has been invoked against Deepak. Meena was also charged under similar provisions.
- DDA scam 'whistle-blower' in custody, officials under scanner (Lead) - Jan 12, 2009
- Real estate agent held in DDA scam - May 21, 2009
- DDA may begin flat allotment process next month - Aug 27, 2009
- Absconding property dealer held in DDA scam - Oct 24, 2009
- Former DDA employee got 40 flats, sent to police custody (Lead) - Jan 15, 2009
- DDA given clean chit in housing scam - Aug 10, 2009
- DDA to allot flats in November after clean chit in scam - Oct 29, 2009
- Key DDA scam financier remanded to police custody (Lead) - Feb 02, 2009
- After Rajasthan, police probe DDA scam roots in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 16, 2009
- We want to get to bottom of DDA scam: Delhi Police chief (Lead) - Jan 16, 2009
- Delhi Police file chargesheet in DDA housing scam - Apr 08, 2009
- Key financer held in DDA scam - Apr 28, 2009
- Former DDA employee arrested in flat allotment scam - Jan 15, 2009
- Four DDA scam accused sent to jail - Jan 31, 2009
- One more arrested in DDA housing scam (Lead) - Jan 11, 2009