DDA inquiry committee submits report on housing scamFebruary 20th, 2009 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 20 (IANS) An internal inquiry committee constituted by the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) to look into the alleged irregularities in its housing scheme, Friday submitted its report to the urban development ministry.
The committee was formed to investigate irregularities during the draw of lots for 5,238 DDA flats on Dec 16, 2008.
“The three-member committee has submitted its report to Urban Development Minister S. Jaipal Reddy and DDA chairman and Delhi Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna,” DDA spokesperson Neemo Dhar told IANS. She did not disclose any details of the report.
The Economic Offence Wing (EOW) of Delhi Police has so far arrested seven people in the housing scam.
Under the DDA housing scheme of 2008, 5,238 flats were allotted to applicants chosen from among more than 500,000 of them. The draw of lots was held Dec 16, but soon there were allegations that it was rigged.
The EOW of Delhi Police is probing a complaint that a cartel of property dealers was trying to corner DDA flats reserved for the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes applicants.
–Indo-Asian New Service
- DDA to allot flats in November after clean chit in scam - Oct 29, 2009
- DDA may begin flat allotment process next month - Aug 27, 2009
- Court gives green signal to DDA to allot flats - Nov 06, 2009
- Senior police officials probing DDA scam transferred - Feb 21, 2009
- Absconding property dealer held in DDA scam - Oct 24, 2009
- Property dealer arrested in DDA housing scam - Mar 20, 2009
- Key DDA scam financier remanded to police custody (Lead) - Feb 02, 2009
- DDA denies housing fraud, politicians demand probe (Roundup) - Jan 05, 2009
- Jaipal defends DDA's bailout package for Emaar MGF - Oct 21, 2010
- DDA given clean chit in housing scam - Aug 10, 2009
- DDA announces owners of 5,238 flats - Dec 16, 2008
- Emaar-MGF's Rs.183-cr bank guarantee confiscated - Oct 20, 2010
- Real estate agent held in DDA scam - May 21, 2009
- Delhi Police file chargesheet in DDA housing scam - Apr 08, 2009
- Games village flats will be auctioned: DDA - Oct 30, 2010