Day-to-day hearing of Dera chief’s rape caseSeptember 28th, 2011 - 10:27 pm ICT by IANS
Panchkula (Haryana), Sep 28 (IANS) The rape case against controversial Dera Sacha Sauda sect chief, Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, will be heard on a day-to-day basis from Friday by a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) special court here.
The matter, which came up for hearing before the special court here Wednesday, will be heard daily by the court following directions from the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
The Dera chief has been accused of repeatedly raping a ‘Sadhvi’ (female disciple) while she stayed at the sect headquarters near Sirsa town in Haryana, 300 km from here.
The case against the sect chief was registered by the CBI September 2002.
Ram Rahim Singh, who enjoys Z-category security cover from the Haryana government and lives in his heavily fortified headquarters on the outskirts of Sirsa town, will appear in the hearings through video conferencing from the Sirsa district courts.
He has also been charged with conspiracy in the murder of Sirsa-based journalist Ram Chandra Chhatrapati in November 2001 and former Dera manager Ranjit Singh in July 2002.
- CBI court directs Sacha Sauda chief to appear in person - May 21, 2011
- Dera case: Court rejects police cancellation report - Apr 03, 2012
- Sacha Sauda chief appears before court through video-conferencing - Jun 06, 2009
- Sacha Sauda followers go on rampage in Punjab, Haryana - Feb 27, 2010
- Punjab town tense after Sikh group-Dera followers clash - Mar 08, 2011
- CBI court's clean chit to Dera chief in murder case - Dec 24, 2010
- Curfew imposed in Punjab town after clashes - Jan 02, 2011
- Bus torched in Haryana, uneasy calm prevails - Mar 01, 2010
- Amid tension, Dera congregation is peaceful (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2010
- Over 50 people detained for Punjab, Haryana violence - Feb 28, 2010
- Dera Sacha Sauda not allowed to hold congregation - Sep 03, 2009
- Dera Sacha Sauda plants 68 lakh trees on I-Day (Lead) - Aug 15, 2009
- Dera Sacha Sauda sect marks I-Day by planting trees - Aug 15, 2009
- Five women devotees killed in Haryana stampede - Apr 30, 2010
- Punjab, Haryana inching towards normalcy after violence (Second lead) - Feb 28, 2010
Tags: cbi, central bureau of investigation, conspiracy, dera sacha sauda sect, district courts, female disciple, haryana government, journalist, outskirts, punjab and haryana high court, ram chandra, ram rahim singh, rape case, video conferencing