Day-old girl found abandoned at Pune garbage dumpJune 25th, 2011 - 9:32 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, June 25 (IANS) A day-old infant girl was found abandoned at a garbage dump in the cantonment area on the outskirts of Pune city, police said Saturday.
“A man, Dinkal Bhalekar came to the police station and told us he has seen a baby in the garbage dump. A team of policemen went there and found a day-old baby girl,” said an official from the Dehu Road Police Station.
“The girl’s umbilical cord had not been cut long. She was immediately taken to the government hospital, where the doctors declared her stable,” the official added.
The baby was then brought back to the police station for photographs and details and then a woman officer took her back to the hospital. “The baby is now under the custody of hospital authorities, who are taking care of her,” the official said.
“We are looking into the matter further and tying to find out who her parents were and their whereabouts,” he added.
- New-born baby boy found abandoned in Gurgaon - May 12, 2012
- Second abandoned infant found in Gurgaon in a week - Apr 18, 2012
- Baby girl abandoned in Gurgaon - Apr 25, 2012
- Body of day-old girl found in well in Rajasthan - Jun 12, 2012
- Infant girl survives garbage dump fire - Oct 22, 2010
- Rajasthan couple tries to bury new born girl alive - Jul 03, 2012
- Dog rescues newborn baby in Ghana - Jun 10, 2012
- Notorious Maharashtra gangster killed - Dec 07, 2011
- Woman strangles her newborn baby in Dubai airport - Dec 28, 2010
- Girl child found abandoned in Rajasthan - Jun 05, 2012
- Infant girl left at ashram doorstep - May 09, 2012
- Abandoned HIV positive woman finds succour in Delhi shelter (With Image) - Jul 11, 2012
- Search on for abandoned girl's parents in Rajasthan - May 23, 2012
- Girl foetus found abandoned in Rajasthan - Jun 16, 2012
- Stillborn found near rail tracks - Nov 01, 2011