Date for Tiwari’s DNA test to be decided March 8February 19th, 2011 - 3:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 19 (IANS) Delhi High Court’s Joint Registrar Deepak Garg Saturday deferred to March 8 a decision on the date for the DNA test on Congress leader N.D. Tiwari in a paternity suit.He also issued notice to the Centre for Cellular Microbiology in Hyderabad seeking an explanation for not discussing the test procedure with the court.
He has asked the centre to reply on the issue before March 8. Tiwari can undergo the DNA test only after the institute files its reply.
A single-judge bench of the high court Dec 23 last year asked the 85-year-old leader to undergo a DNA test in the paternity suit filed by Delhi-based Rohit Shekhar, 31, who claims to be his biological son born out of the leader’s alleged relationship with his mother Ujjwala Sharma.
The high court had Feb 10 dismissed Tiwari’s petition challenging the DNA test order.
The formalities as to how and where Tiwari’s blood sample will be drawn for his DNA test would be determined March 8 by Garg in the presence of the counsel of the two parties.
Tiwari, who had held the posts of chief minister of undivided Uttar Pradesh and later Uttarakhand, had opposed the paternity suit.
Tiwari, who last year resigned as Andhra Pradesh governor in the wake of allegations of sexual misconduct, countered the claims and said he never had any physical relationship with Ujjwala, who is also a Congress activist.
Shekhar, he said, was not entitled to seek a DNA test as a matter of right.
- Court rejects Tiwari's plea on fine - Feb 25, 2011
- Court official seeks details ahead of DNA test on Tiwari - Apr 04, 2011
- N.D. Tiwari to undergo DNA test (Lead) - Feb 10, 2011
- Court fixes Feb 19 to decide on Tiwari's DNA test - Feb 08, 2011
- N.D. Tiwari to undergo DNA test - Feb 10, 2011
- Paternity suit: Tiwari gets a day to undergo DNA test - Feb 07, 2011
- Tiwari told to begin DNA test process April 4 - Mar 14, 2011
- Tiwari challenges court order on DNA test - Jan 24, 2011
- Court asks for doctor for Tiwari's DNA test - May 02, 2011
- Tiwari paternity suit: Plea challenging DNA test hearing Feb 7 - Jan 27, 2011
- Paternity case: ND Tiwari to provide blood sample for DNA test - May 31, 2011
- I can't be forced to give DNA test sample: N.D. Tiwari (Lead) - Jun 01, 2011
- Tiwari moves court to keep his DNA test report confidential - Jul 26, 2012
- Paternity suit: N.D. Tiwari to give blood sample June 1 - May 10, 2011
- Verdict on N D Tiwari paternity suit today - Dec 23, 2010
Tags: activist, alleged relationship, biological son, blood sample, cellular microbiology, chief minister, congress leader, delhi high court, dna test, formalities, garg, hyderabad, New Delhi, paternity suit, physical relationship, sexual misconduct, shekhar, test procedure, ujjwala, uttar pradesh