Datawind launches PocketSurfer2 in India, promotes internet on the moveJanuary 16th, 2009 - 6:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 16 (IANS) Datawind Ltd, a provider of wireless web access products and services, Friday launched PocketSurfer2, a device to surf the Net while being on the move. Priced at Rs.11,990, the handheld device, weighing 174 grams, allows a user to browse the Web in its original layout, providing a desktop experience.
“For consumers looking for a mobile Internet solution, PocketSurfer2 hits the spot. This device is going to revolutionise the way we work, play, communicate and fully leverage the web wirelessly,” Datawind chief executive Suneet Singh Tuli said.
With PocketSurfer2, one can access 12 web pages at the same time and open additional links on a single page simultaneously.
HCL Infosystems will distribute the product in India.
Datawind claimed the product was faster than most handheld devices running on third generation (3G) mobile networks.
PocketSurfer2 comes with a built-in GPS (global positioning system) receiver for location-based services.
- India launches cheapest tablet computing device - Oct 05, 2011
- No news about disassociation from Aakash tablet: Datawind - Feb 21, 2012
- RIM launches new BlackBerry smartphone in India - Oct 14, 2010
- Akash tablet's commercial variant in November - Oct 05, 2011
- Nargis Fakhri to endorse HCL's computing products (With Images) - Aug 31, 2012
- 141 mn people to use mobiles for payments: Gartner - Jul 21, 2011
- HCL Info partners Consolidated Gulf to sell products in Qatar - Jul 16, 2012
- Motorola launches 'Milestone' in India - Mar 29, 2010
- MVAS to create Rs.48,000 crore business opportunity by 2015 - Jul 06, 2012
- HCL Infosystems launches Rs.10,490 tablet in India - Oct 14, 2011
- A look at three low-cost tablets (To go with tablet market story) - Aug 12, 2012
- Tata Docomo, Samsung launch Android phone - Sep 23, 2009
- Foreign firms keen to manufacture Aakash 2 in India: Sibal - Apr 17, 2012
- Nargis Fakhri is HCL Infosystems' brand ambassador - Aug 31, 2012
- RIM launches its BlackBerry PlayBook tablet in India - Jun 22, 2011
Tags: access products, chief executive, datawind, desktop experience, global positioning system, global positioning system receiver, handheld device, handheld devices, internet solution, location based services, mobile internet, mobile networks, New Delhi, pocketsurfer2, third generation, tuli, web access, web pages, web wirelessly, wireless web