Data base of six million Kerala students to be preparedAugust 19th, 2011 - 7:28 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Aug 19 (IANS) Creating a record of sorts, Kerala’s state-owned IT@School project is to prepare — through a software known as Sampoorna — a complete data base of more than six million students studying in over 15,000 schools in the state.
IT@ School project head Anvar Sadath said Friday that the main objective of the Sampoorna school management software is to facilitate school authorities easily implement, track and monitor all activities of students of their school and that of the school itself.
In the first phase, all high schools in the state have been asked to collect the details of all students of the school before Aug 31.
With the help of the online Sampoorna, it would be easy to prepare Transfer Certificates, generate various reports related to students, parents, teachers and non-teaching staff, create examination database, and the like.
As part of the massive deployment of Sampoorna in the state, the training for head masters and school IT-co-ordinators has already been completed in all 14 districts.
Sampoorna would also be integrated with the Unique Identity Number (UID) scheme which is being implemented in the state, an official said.
- 'New class 10 ICT textbook with animation and GIS' - Feb 27, 2012
- Visually challenged teachers learn computers - Aug 04, 2011
- IT@School to enroll 60 lakh Kerala students under UID project - Sep 14, 2010
- Differently-abled students in Kerala to be made computer literate - Nov 01, 2011
- Free animation skills for Kerala school kids - Apr 29, 2011
- Kerala's ICT textbook to teach audio, video technology - Feb 21, 2011
- Kerala plans 140 specialized computer schools - Aug 01, 2010
- Intel donates 625 laptops for Kerala e-learning school project - Oct 02, 2011
- Kerala school project gets global recognition - Dec 02, 2010
- Kerala's IT@School Project to train Parents - Aug 14, 2011
- IT@School to give 60,000 DVDs to school teachers in Kerala - Jul 13, 2010
- 45,000 Kerala students to be trained in IT - Dec 21, 2010
- Five Kerala schools get infotech upgrade - Dec 29, 2010
- Kerala education department on eMission to Brazil - Mar 17, 2012
- 1.50 lakh Kerala students to get animation skills - Nov 24, 2011