Dasmunsi’s condition improves slightly, still on respiratory support (Lead)October 14th, 2008 - 4:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 14 (IANS) The condition of Information and Broadcasting Minister Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi improved slightly Tuesday, but he continues to be on respiratory support after a heart attack the day before, a doctor at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) said.“There has been no downslide in his condition. There is, in fact, a slight improvement also in his cardiac status,” AIIMS medical superintendent D.K. Sharma told IANS.
Dasmunsi, 63, was rushed to the hospital past midnight Monday after he complained of breathlessness due to lung congestion caused by heart failure, Sharma said. He was put on a ventilator. This was his second heart attack in three months.
“His condition has improved from Monday and he doesn’t require any cardiac support system but he needs some respiratory support,” Sharma said.
On Monday, Congress president Sonia Gandhi visited Dasmunsi and spent some time with his family, hospital sources said.
Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee, External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss also visited the hospital to enquire about Dasmunsi’s health, officials said.
The senior Congress leader has a 10-year history of diabetes.
Dasmunsi, who also heads the West Bengal Congress Committee, was admitted to the Coronary Care Unit (CCU) in AIIMS.
He had suffered a heart attack July 8. “He had undergone an angioplasty and stenting of two coronary arteries,” Sharma said.
“His condition is being closely monitored by a team of doctors,” he added.
- Dasmunsi stable but still on respiratory support - Oct 14, 2008
- Dasmunsi stable, but still on respiratory support - Oct 14, 2008
- Dasmunsi stable, but not fully conscious - Oct 18, 2008
- Dasmunsi off ventilator as condition improves - Oct 15, 2008
- Dasmunsi on ventilator after heart attack (Third Lead) - Oct 13, 2008
- Dasmunsi critical after heart attack (Lead) - Oct 13, 2008
- Dasmunsi shifted to Apollo hospital - Oct 20, 2008
- Dasmunsi stable, but cannot speak - Oct 16, 2008
- Dasmunsi's condition stable at AIIMS - Oct 17, 2008
- Dasmunsi stable after heart attack, but condition serious (Second lead) - Oct 13, 2008
- Patient who underwent angioplasty at 94, steps into 100th year - Nov 25, 2010
- Dasmunsi still on life support - Oct 23, 2008
- Dasmunsi rushed to AIIMS after heart attack, serious - Oct 13, 2008
- Dasmunsi''s condition improving - Oct 15, 2008
- Dasmunsi not in critical condition now, but progress slow: doctors - May 26, 2009