Dasmunsi stable but still on respiratory supportOctober 14th, 2008 - 12:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 14 (IANS) Information and Broadcasting Minister Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi was Tuesday in a stable condition but required respiratory support after a heart attack the day before, a doctor at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) said.“He is stable but in a serious condition. He requires respiratory support,” D.K. Sharma, AIIMS medical superintendent, told IANS.
Dasmunsi was rushed to the hospital at around 2.30 a.m. Monday after he complained of breathlessness due to lung congestion caused by heart failure, Sharma said. He was put on a ventilator. This was his second heart attack in three months.
On Monday, Congress president Sonia Gandhi visited Dasmunsi, 63, and spent some time with his family, hospital sources said.
Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee, External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss also visited the hospital to enquire about his health, officials said.
The senior Congress leader has a 10-year history of diabetes.
Dasmunsi, also head of the West Bengal Congress Committee, was admitted to the Coronary Care Unit (CCU) in AIIMS.
Dasmunsi had suffered a heart attack July 8. “He had undergone an angioplasty and stenting of two coronary arteries,” Sharma said.
“His condition is being closely monitored by a team of doctors,” he added. The team of doctors is being led by the head of the department of cardiology V.K. Behl.
- Dasmunsi stable, but still on respiratory support - Oct 14, 2008
- Dasmunsi on ventilator after heart attack (Third Lead) - Oct 13, 2008
- Dasmunsi stable, but cannot speak - Oct 16, 2008
- Dasmunsi critical after heart attack (Lead) - Oct 13, 2008
- Dasmunsi's condition improves slightly, still on respiratory support (Lead) - Oct 14, 2008
- Dasmunsi stable after heart attack, but condition serious (Second lead) - Oct 13, 2008
- Dasmunsi stable, but not fully conscious - Oct 18, 2008
- Dasmunsi''s condition improving - Oct 15, 2008
- Dasmunsi rushed to AIIMS after heart attack, serious - Oct 13, 2008
- Dasmunsi's condition stable at AIIMS - Oct 17, 2008
- Dasmunsi off ventilator as condition improves - Oct 15, 2008
- Dasmunsi shifted to Apollo hospital - Oct 20, 2008
- Dasmunsi still on life support - Oct 23, 2008
- "Serious" Dasmunsi kept on ventilator - Oct 14, 2008
- Dasmunsi''s condition stable - Oct 17, 2008