Dasmunsi stable after heart attack, but condition serious (Second lead)October 13th, 2008 - 8:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 13 (IANS) Information and Broadcasting Minister Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi was in a serious but stable condition after he suffered a second heart attack in three months, doctors at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) said Monday.“He is in stable condition. His blood pressure, heart rate, respiration etc have been maintained. But he continues to be in a serious condition,” D.K. Sharma, medical superintendent of AIIMS, told IANS.
Dasmunsi was rushed to the hospital at around 2.30 a.m. Monday after he complained of breathlessness due to lung congestion caused by heart failure, Sharma said.
He said the senior Congress leader had a 10-year history of diabetes.
“The improvement in his health since he has been admitted has been minimal. He is under close observation,” Sharma said.
Dasmunsi, also head of the West Bengal Congress Committee, was admitted to the Coronary Care Unit (CCU) in AIIMS.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi visited Dasmunsi, 63, who is on ventilator, and spent some time with his family, hospital sources said.
Dasmunsi had suffered a heart attack July 8. “He had undergone an angioplasty and stenting of two coronary arteries,” the doctor said.
“His condition is being closely monitored by a team of doctors,” he added. The team of doctors is being led by the head of the department of cardiology V.K. Behl.
- Dasmunsi on ventilator after heart attack (Third Lead) - Oct 13, 2008
- Dasmunsi critical after heart attack (Lead) - Oct 13, 2008
- Dasmunsi stable but still on respiratory support - Oct 14, 2008
- Dasmunsi stable, but not fully conscious - Oct 18, 2008
- Dasmunsi stable, but still on respiratory support - Oct 14, 2008
- Dasmunsi rushed to AIIMS after heart attack, serious - Oct 13, 2008
- Dasmunsi stable, but cannot speak - Oct 16, 2008
- Dasmunsi''s condition improving - Oct 15, 2008
- Dasmunsi shifted to Apollo hospital - Oct 20, 2008
- Dasmunsi's condition stable at AIIMS - Oct 17, 2008
- Dasmunsi's condition improves slightly, still on respiratory support (Lead) - Oct 14, 2008
- Dasmunsi still on life support - Oct 23, 2008
- Bal Thackeray discharged from hospital - Aug 01, 2012
- Dasmunsi''s condition stable - Oct 17, 2008
- Dasmunsi off ventilator as condition improves - Oct 15, 2008