Dasmunsi continues to be on life support systemDecember 3rd, 2008 - 7:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 3 (IANS) Veteran Congress leader Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi, who suffered a second heart attack one-and-half month ago, continues to be on “life support” at a city hospital here. Dasmunsi was rushed to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences Oct 13 following a second heart attack in three months, and was shifted to the Indraprastha Apollo Hospital on his family’s request Nov 20.
“His medical condition remains the same and he continues to be on life support,” said a statement issued by the private hospital Wednesday.
As the senior Congress leader was indisposed, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh took over the charge of the information and broadcasting ministry.
Dasmunsi, however, continues to hold the rank of a cabinet minister, though without portfolio.
He was rushed to the hospital after he complained of breathlessness due to lung congestion caused by heart failure.
Dasmunsi, who has a 10-year history of diabetes, suffered a heart attack July 8 and underwent an angioplasty and stenting procedure of two coronary arteries in Kolkata.
- Dasmunsi still on life support - Oct 23, 2008
- Dasmunsi taken off life support system - Jan 01, 2009
- Dasmunsi shifted to Apollo hospital - Oct 20, 2008
- New way to treat heart blocks: Drug eluting balloon - Sep 18, 2011
- Dasmunsi not in critical condition now, but progress slow: doctors - May 26, 2009
- Dasmunsi stable, but not fully conscious - Oct 18, 2008
- Patient who underwent angioplasty at 94, steps into 100th year - Nov 25, 2010
- Dasmunsi's condition stable at AIIMS - Oct 17, 2008
- Dasmunsi's condition improves slightly, still on respiratory support (Lead) - Oct 14, 2008
- Dasmunsi stable but still on respiratory support - Oct 14, 2008
- Dasmunsi on ventilator after heart attack (Third Lead) - Oct 13, 2008
- Dasmunsi stable after heart attack, but condition serious (Second lead) - Oct 13, 2008
- Heart saved through the wrist - Mar 13, 2011
- Dasmunsi off ventilator as condition improves - Oct 15, 2008
- Dasmunsi rushed to AIIMS after heart attack, serious - Oct 13, 2008